【 Promise | Sugawara Koushi 】

The world is unpredictable.

You will never know what will happen, no matter how aware you are of the situation, the world is full of surprises.

Some, are filled with grief, and others, joy.

But you can never predict which one it will be, no matter how small the decision.

Life is like a fork in the road, there's only one path you can follow; you can't have everything.

Which is why, you must cherish the things in your life wisely.

However, humans aren't perfect.

It is the harsh truth.

--

"Ne, Koushi~" you smile at the setter, who looked back at you with a smile as well.

"Yes, (F/N)?" he asks, tilting his head a bit to the side.

"Have you tired eating at the new cafe downtown? It's really good- I've tried it!" you exclaim, waving your arms around.

"Hmm? Not yet," he answers, giggling a bit at your actions.

"Ah, you need to try it. I'll take you there sometime, promise!" You give him a thumbs-up and started to wonder when you were free.

--

"What are you doing here?" you asked, still managing to pull a smile for your sweet boyfriend, who decided to visit you in the hospital. "Don't you have practice?"

"The question is," he began, "why didn't you tell me that you were sick?"

"Knowing you, you'd probably start worrying. And a lot, if I may," you told him.

"(F/N), I am not Asahi. I'm not going to start crying once you sneeze. I am also not Tsukishima. I care a lot, you know," he shook his head, feeling betrayed.

"I didn't want to bother you. With the Inter-High coming up, I wanted you to focus. I really want you to win," you explain.

"I do hope you realize that you are far more important than volleyball." The silver-haired setter kneeled down beside you and started stroking your hair gently. "I can't help but worry,"

"But you can't worry! I'm going to be fine, you know, Koushi? I'll win over this sickness. It's just like  small obstacle. Nothing I can't get over," you reassure him.

"I know. Because you're strong. You're the strongest person I've ever met, and I know you can do it. I know it, (F/N)." He grabs ahold of your hands and looks you in the eye, completely serious. "But you seriously could have told me,"

"Sorry, Koushi," you apologize, planting a small kiss on his forehead.

"It's fine. But I'll have you know that I'm coming here everyday, whether you like it or not," he smiles that bright smile of his, making you feel somewhat relieved at those words.

"Oh you better," you joke, chuckling.

"I thought you said you wanted me to focus on volleyball?" He shook his head, laughing.

"But I thought I meant more?" You pouted, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"How self-centered." He pats your head gently.

"Kidding. I'll ask Kiyoko to video chat with me during the match so I can yell as loud as possible. I'll have her get a sound system so my cheering will beat those of all the others~" you laugh.

"Doesn't sound too bad," he nods, enveloping you in a hug.

--

"You're late!" you whine jokingly, as the silver-haired boy was about 5 minutes late from his usual arrival time.