【 Almost is Never Enough | Sugawara Koushi 】

|| Note: Personal Oneshot!** ||

--

I'd like to say we gave it a try
I'd like to blame it all on life
Maybe we just weren't right
But that's a lie
That's a lie

She walked along the streets, the faint light of lampposts and the sound of the stars twinkling above her were no longer dazzling in her eyes, as nothing but tears fell from them like a waterfall.

Reminiscing was not her favorite thing in the world because she knew how much it hurt to remember.

The happiness she felt was temporary.

Cold was the night, and so was her hands; she had missed the warmth enveloping those cold hands not too long ago, feeling so alone.

"(f/n)!"

"Yeah—"

A pair of arms wrapped around her frame, engulfing her in an enormous hug as a fluffy feeling jolted in her heart, her lips unable to resist smiling.

"Koushi, you can't do that!"

"Hmm? Do what?"

"You cannot just steal hugs from me! That's cheating!"

"Cheating? But I'm already winning anyways, so I don't have to cheat,"

"Well no wonder you have like a million points, and I have like 6!"

Soft, gentle lips pressed against her own, while a hand cupped her cheek tenderly, not lasting too long until both pulled away from each other, cheeks as red as roses.

"Make that a million and one."

We can deny it as much as we want
But in time, our feelings will show

Without a word, (f/n) gazed at the stars, lingering to touch the bright lights hovering above her head.

And that was when she had realized what it felt like to be alone.

Nothing but emptiness filled her thoughts, as the breeze continued to freeze her skin, her heart feeling twisted and heavy.

Like a glass window separating her from her lovely past, she could only see with her eyes, just like torture— no, exactly like torture.

Wanting, wishing, dreaming, yearning, for someone to just hug her and tell her that everything was okay.

But all she felt was the emptiness of her surroundings, and nothing more.

Sooner or later
We'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is
Everyone knows

To: Sugar !! v
Fr: (f/n) \(////)\
Subject: goodnight!!
goodnight, koushi! ☆☆☆

To: (f/n) \(////)\
Fr: Sugar !! v
Subject: goodnight! i love you!
i love you, <3 but why a star?