【 Catching Feelings | Akaashi Keiji 】

First Person

I was running.

For once, actually. Because I have not been late this whole year, and I didn't want to be. I did not, in fact, fancy being late, and neither did my teacher, when it came to students.

The library is a good place to be before school starts.

I find peace in the library when there is nowhere else to go. And the librarian is kind enough to tell you when it's five minutes before class, so I never usually have trouble.

But today. I simply assumed she had forgotten because if the librarian hadn't (really, if she hadn't!), I wouldn't be on my toes trying to make it on time.

I had forty-five seconds to spare when I threw (literally, threw) the classroom door open, eyeing the faces of my classmates, who seemed rather amused at my contretemps.

Shuffling to my seat in the corner of the front row (convenient, right?), it was more than evident that my teacher was nowhere near appreciative of my rather loud entrance.

I smiled bashfully, offering her a small wave and a "Ohayo gozaimasu, sensei," before dropping my bags at my feet carelessly and remaining standing.

Our morning routine had started then, with the formal greetings and all, announcements included. It didn't last more than five measly minutes, to which afterwards everyone was allowed to sit.

Just then did the door open yet again, and came in the well-known Akaashi Keiji, with his significantly large guitar bag.

"Sumimasen, sensei. My mentor dismissed me a little later than usual. I have a small note for you coming from him," he reasoned, making his way to Sensei, who didn't seem too pleased either.

"Be on time next time," she scolded, crumpling the note and continuing the paperwork I never really got too interested in to ask what it was about. Well, wasn't she having a pleasant morning.

The black-haired student walked to his rightful spot at the front, but at the same column I had been seated at; he was just a seat away. He quietly placed down his things and brought out a book.

I, on the other hand, caught myself noticing a little bit too much this morning, which ultimately, weirded me out. I slapped myself painfully, hoping to snap out of myself.

I was quite out of it today, viewing the lecture as boring. I didn't know if this could even be considered a lecture in itself, because as far as I was concerned, this was just a review session for the many absentees we had due to that flu thing going around last week. The flu couldn't catch me (immune system game too strong), and so I made it to every class while others were bedridden.

The gist of it was that I was blasé, no longer attentive of the words being spoken out by the teacher.

Instead of focusing my mind on the class, I aimlessly doodled on my notebook, sketching out the classroom from my angle, thinking what a great reference a real-live classroom would be for the drawing. It was a wonderful opportunity to embed the environment I was in into the paper in my hands instead of dull my mind listening to something I've already studied thoroughly.

It wasn't long until I was drawing all kinds of things (while occasionally raising my hand to participate in the discussion, just so sensei wouldn't suspect my non-listening) around me until I noticed that I was starting to draw someone rather than something.