【 Change | Oikawa Tooru 】

It's not all the time that

some things never change

--

I'm sitting silently in the seat at the back near the window, not bothering to participate in any conversations whatsoever.

I don't know where Iwa-chan is right now, whether he's in his own university, or still on the way there. It feels really weird to be going to school without someone constantly yelling at me to hurry up and get to class after being surrounded by a crowd of girls. (Not to brag).

Speaking of which, I can't really say that I wasn't surprised when nobody really came up to me at the gates this morning. Must be the new environment.

I'm getting really uncomfortable. What a way to start the year.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to being a popular guy, or maybe I'm too used to being able to depend on a lot of people.

Maybe it's because I'm not used to feeling so alone.

Was this how it felt to be singled out? I don't know.

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't even notice that suddenly, the volume of voices from outside had begun to be a little bit louder.

It sounds like the halls are getting a little bit busier, so class should start soon. Good.

The noise feels like it's getting closer, and I don't know why, but I find myself curious to find out the reason for this.

The classroom door opens.

What the hell?

--

Third Person.

"Hi, you look really pretty," he compliments her, admiring this hot stranger's features that got his heart wavering in a matter of seconds.

"Oh, hi!" The girl looks back at him, offering a warm smile. "Sorry, but I don't take lies from jerks like you." Her expression suddenly changes into a glare that pierced though the chocolate brown eyes she had look through with her own (e/c) orbs.

Oikawa is struck with confusion. "U-Um, excuse me, but I think-"

She comes a little bit closer to his face and folds her arms. "Don't you dare think I've forgotten what you've done, Oikawa."

"H-How do you know my name?"

"How long are you going to keep up that 'nice-boy' facade? As if you've immediately forgotten how much pain you've caused other people that quickly," she snapped, turning away. "Don't ever talk to me again, or else I'm going to tear you to pieces, just like you did to me."

She leaves him be, wondering what had possibly just happened at that moment.

He stops. It sinks into him, finally. All those words, the pain in those eyes, that voice- it could only lead to the thoughts he thought he never had to revisit.

"I didn't know I'd see you again."

--

He's on his bed in his dorm. He won't lie to himself- college was stressful and the dilemma he was in did not help at all either.