Chapter 1 :-

Hey hi, guys :) A brief word with you guys if you are interested.. :)

This story is finally completed after a year and two months :) This is my first attempt at writing a novel, which is why, it is not greatly written yet :P

Your votes, comments matters to us a lot. It helps the book to rank up higher and luckily gain more readers and spreading the book further over the world. So guys, help me and this book out if you feel its worth it by voting for all the chapters and help us grow the readers base for this book :)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, your thoughts on how I could improve it better for you. Or the fact which hooked you to the book, or which part you liked the most or how you stumbled across my book and the main point- did you enjoy the journey with the characters.. :)

This book is completely done by my own imagination and thoughts with the help of some talented poets for their two poems which I have mentioned in the required chapters.. :)

Please forgive me for my grammar and spelling mistakes, I'll be editting it later. Yeah, go on reading it. :P

Sorry for keeping you waiting here.:P Have a nice day :)

-bright_gal :)

Alyssa P.O.V:-

"If I recall correctly someone had said,'Women were smarter than men.' So how do you expect me to be smarter than you?" A blonde guy reaching in his early- forties asks to a brunette lady with a smirk, as he sipped into his mug of coffee. I gave out a chuckle as I lip-read those words. His grayish eyes twinkled as he noticed my presence in the kitchen.

The blond man stepped out of the chair with a smile reaching his eyes, and gave me a kiss over my forehead,"Good Morning, Sweetheart. Slept well?"

"Yes dad, I did." I smiled at their playful morning banters.

"You..." The lady turns around with her wrinkles crossing her forehead and fiery brown eyes targeted at him, with a brown spatula on her left hand and with her right hand placed on her hips.

"Yes honey, me..." My dad teases her with a smug smirk on his face and he winked an eye towards me.

"Alyssa, you have finally woken up. It's your first day at school. Come here, take an apple." She smiled at me warmly. and gave me a hug.

"Mom, do I have to eat the apple?"I scrunched my face at the thought of eating an apple.

"Yes dear, it is good for your health."My dad looks at me and makes funny faces on my mother remarks when she turned away from us.

I laughed out loud,"Alyssa's father, stop it, don't discourage her!"My mom scolds him as she figured out what was happening.

"Okay, my dear lawyer. Your word is my law." My dad replies as he tries to muffle a laughter erupting from his mouth.

My mom sighs hopelessly as she turns to shuffle the papers into her brief case. She brushes her black pencil skirt and puts on a black coat.

"Sweetheart, if anyone would know that I'm the only one who could baffle your mother, I would be the most sought after lawyer without even getting a law degree."My dad winks his eyes at me.

"Peter, that's enough. Look Alyssa, see the time."My mom calls me as she shows me the time in her watch.

"Shit! I'm late for school." I cursed and ran to take a quick shower.

I grabbed my bag, my hearing aids, stuffed my feet into my black shoes and ran out the door, before giving a peck towards my parents cheeks.

I wear a hearing aid because my parents didn't want me to learn the sign language, since I would be different, and so they made me go to a school, who taught students like me to talk, read and listen. Currently I am in a mainstream school from past four years.

So I can talk normally, but with a small accent, I can hear the sounds and voices, but can't identify the source. I can't identify the exact words, so I have to lip read to help me understand people. The sounds helped me to distinguish the homo-phonic words.

But when I hear the familiar sounds or voices, like running water, fan sounds or my parents and Alice (my best friend), I hear them more clearly than others.

My school was actually pretty close, so it didn't take me long to get there. As I was nearing the entrance, apprehension filled me. I was dreading this day for a long time; I didn't have any friends except for Alice, as the other people didn't want to lose their reputation for 'being friends with the deaf girl'.

As I reached the school, I could see a slender tall figure waiting in front of the school gates. This is 'Alice', my best and only friend. You must be wondering as to how she is my friend, even though she is perfectly fine. I met her when we were in diapers as we were neighbors and we became close friends in the passing years. She treated me as a normal girl, and still does, as she knows that there aren't any differences. Unfortunately she shifted her house to a far off area last year, and luckily, she didn't switch her school.

I don't know what I would have done without her.

Alice has violet eyes, and a white skin tone. She had mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss on. Her normally straight black hair was down, and curled at the bottom. As I checked her appearance, jealousy filled me. She looked like a fashion model coming out of a magazine.

I was surprised as to how she was still my best friend, while she had a group of popular girls asking her to join their group which she had declined, and had boys falling head over heels for her. The devastating thing for the poor souls is that she didn't acknowledge their presence.

When I asked her then, "Why did you decline their offer?"She shrugged and replied, "They are not my friends and I would never leave you, who happen to be my best friend." She grinned as she said those last words. I just hugged her at her response. She responded me back by hugging me tighter.

Now, she saw me as I came closer to her. She hit me hard at the elbow and hugged me at the same time.

"Ouch! What was that for?" I winced.

She replied in a duh voice, "I missed you so I hugged you and I hit you for coming late!"

"Why are you late on the first day of school? Did you sleep in?" She asked. I nodded my head shamefully. She knew me inside and outside.

She then scolds me. "How much times, have I asked you to get up five minutes earlier than your usual timings? It's really surprising for me that my stupid friend is an A+ student but unfortunately gets up late." She is a B grader.

I replied her with my puppy look face "Sorry!"I knew she wouldn't stay mad at me for long.

She asked me for my timetable. The first period for me was English, and for her Math. Suddenly she heard the first bell ring and indicated the same to me; it meant we had to be in our respective classrooms.

We waved to each other goodbyes. She asked me to meet her in our usual table at the cafeteria after our classes end, and we ran off to our classes.

I frowned on seeing the classroom, as there was no change. The same old.

When I got in, everybody was scrambling for a good seat. I waited for everyone to choose their seats, and then I went and sat in a corner as it was the only pair of seats empty.

The teacher's name was Mrs. Slater, but we called her Minnie when she was in a good mood.

She was in her late forties, has a blonde bun, and she wears thick glasses. She entered our class with a new student.

The student was a guy, and was about six feet, and he wore sunglasses indoors.

He has pale white tone and a darker tone of brown hair. He was muscular and looks innocent.

She introduced him to our class as Josh, and that he changed schools.

She then guided him by holding his arm to sit next to me as it was the only place left. That's when it occurred to me and the rest of the class that he was blind.

I didn't mind it at all. But the rest of the class were whispering and gossiping about him. I could see their lips always moving.

'What's their freaking problem; they didn't leave me alone when they came to know I was hearing impaired.'