Chapter 22:-

ALICE POV (special) :-

“Hello..” A voice was being heard on the phone, there was a tinge of familiarity in his voice but I felt it was my own imagination.

“Hi..” I greeted in the phone softly with a small smile.

“Hey Candy, why are you so quiet? Still drooling at Brad Pitt, that old star?” Chuckles of laughter was being heard through the phone.

“ It was one time, and you promised that you wouldn't tease me about it?” I asked him angrily.

“ Cool down Babes. I was fooling around.” The voice echoed to my ears. An involuntary smile formed on my face, when ever I spoke to him.

“ If you narrate the first conversation of ours, then I might be able to forgive you.” I pretended to still be angry at him.

“ You are one evil lady. And when would you ever forget that embarrassing thing? You keep reminding me of it again and again whenever we speak on the phone.” His familiar voice replied.

“ You know me too well. I can't let you live it down.” I laughed an evil chuckle.

“ Fine. As you wish.” I could hear a groan as he continued, “I called you up, long story short, you pranked me and I embarrassed myself. Happy now?”

“ No.. No.. Not happy. I need the full details, otherwise I'll cut off the phone.” I threatened him, knowing that he would embarrass himself again. I laughed mentally.

“ I know you Candy, you wouldn't. You won't.” His voice sounds cocky and confident. As if I wouldn't do it. Oh Macho, you have definitely messed with the wrong person.

“ Fine. Suits you.” I hissed through my teeth, and cut the phone off.

My phone started ringing. I didn't pick up the call, I had a good idea to who it was. But I gave a glance at the caller's Id. It was Macho.

Right. It kept on ringing, I was still at school, it was lunch right now. I put the phone in vibration mode and stuffed the phone back to my pockets.

It stopped ringing or vibrating. Then suddenly, it started vibrating. I got sort of irritated with the vibrations, I picked up the call without thinking twice about it.

“I called you up, I introduced myself to you and asked, If it was Candy speaking here. You replied, no and that if I was a small child who wants candy. I answered you, No. Then you said it was a wrong number and cut the phone. I rung up the number again. I asked again, if it was Candy speaking here. An old lady voice said, Get the hell lost, else I will call the police up. Great impersonation by the way. Finally I called you up again and I asked you, “ Is this Allie?”. You replied yes it was. And why you didn't tell that earlier, I would have calmed my grandmother down.” His voice hastily recollects our conversation.

I chuckled at his lame description, “ Okay, Macho I' ve some work right now. I'll call you up later.”

“Okay sure Babes. Anything for you.” He flirts a bit. I cut the phone and an involuntary smile forms on my face.

I started walking past the corridors, looking for the cafeteria. I saw Ryan, in front of some lockers. The corridors were empty at the moment.

I chose this opportunity to speak to him, without Alyssa's knowledge. As I was about to head towards him. At that moment, he chose to turn around his head, and instead called out to me, “Hey Alice, we have got to talk.”

“Yes, we actually have to.” I said to him in a stern tone, not at all pleased with his character or his presence. He might be alright with Alyssa, but never with me. Fat chance!