Chapter 31:-

ALYSSA P.O.V:-

A week has passed so fast, the days was almost blurred in my eyes. I focused most of my time in arts. After all I had to work hard in order to achieve a dream of mine, becoming an artist. No one ever said that it was easy. Not that I bothered about it, I just busied myself with art.

The classes were done for the day; I got out of the college's grounds. As I was waiting for my mother to pick me up. She only had asked me in the morning not to take my car instead that she would drop me and pick me up for a change. According to her words, we haven't spent much time with each other. So I couldn't do anything, instead just follow her commands.

The roads were quite deserted as I walked along the road. I waited patiently as I stood on the side of the road. Suddenly, a black Toyota car stopped in front of me, and the window was brought down. I couldn't help but be curious as to who was the driver, because my mom had a white car. It was Josh's car.

Josh called out to me, to sit inside the car.

"My mom is coming to pick me up." I replied with a blank face, not making any movements.

"She's not. She called me up to pick you up and keep you busy for a while, since your parents would be coming late and you don't have your house's keys." Josh answers with a bored expression.

"Get in. I've no time to lose; I'll just leave you at my home." Josh calls out impatiently, as he glances at his mobile screen.

I looked at my mobile, to look for any confirmation that Josh was telling the truth. And there was indeed a message from my mother, to go with Josh and sorry for being late.

I scowled at the text message, and then I sat inside his car without any further fuss. I realized that it was the second time, that we two were alone with each other, and that we were sitting close than I had thought we would be.

I could smell his cologne; it was the same as he used to have. His car was clean, and it was warm although there was awkwardness surrounding us.

"Since, when you and my mother are on talking terms?" I voiced my thoughts out, since I was sure that we completely lost our touch with each other and that included our families.

"In your exhibition, we met in the food courts and I couldn't ignore her. I had to be friendly with her. So here I am stuck with you." He answers a bit roughly, as though he wasn't happy with our situation. As if, I am.

"Fuck! I'm late." He curses as he glances over his phone, when we stopped at a red light.

"Well Alyssa, now you are coming with me where ever I had originally planned to go, because I'm late." Josh gives me a mocked grin, daring me to oppose him.

"Okay," I replied softly, I had no other option. He seemed to be shocked that I was willing to go with him.

He stopped in the same hospital, where he had his operation done. A lot of emotions went over my head- worry, tension, sadness, nostalgic. I was suddenly brought back to that moment, when I had seen the CD. My eyes were almost watery as I recollected those memories. It's been a while, I had been here.

"What are we doing here?" The words come out with lots of difficulty from my mouth. I was afraid for him, if anything was wrong for him. I thought that his tough times were over. Maybe I was mistaken.

I got out of the car, when Josh refused to open his mouth. He didn't put my worries to rest. He just walked towards the hospital, he paused for a while when he realized I was still rooted to the spot.

"Sorry," I called out after breaking out of my trance. I ran to catch up with him.

"It's not about me; I'm coming here to meet someone else." He faces towards me and replies to me. I felt a bit better that he wasn't in any problems.