Chapter 4:-

Here is the fourth chapter :)

So enjoy it :)

I really need some votes , comments and some motivation guys. :)

But still thank you for reading :)

Sorry for the previous short chapters :)

This is kind of long chappie :)

Have a nice day. See you soon :)

-bright_gal :)

                                ~ Chapter Four ~

 Josh P.O.V:-

When Mrs. Slater announced that I was to be paired with Alyssa, I was relieved because I was not paired up with someone else whom I didn't know. When she ran to the teacher, I figured it out that she must have wanted to change the partner. Then I assumed that she was just like other persons who cared about their reputations. That's why I didn't reply to her properly.

As I heard Steve's footsteps coming closer, I made my face expression to be blank otherwise he would ask me lots of questions and try to kill the person. Yes, it is totally possible as he is the popular guy of our school. It runs in the family genes, I guess. Ever since I lost my eyesight, he became damn overprotective of me.

He sat down next to me. He put my books inside the bag; I could hear the shuffling of books in my bag and hung it on his right shoulder.

"So did you meet anyone interesting?" He asked; I could hear his smirk and the falter in his tone.

"Nope, Nothing like that ..." I replied.

"A girl I met." I continued.

"Oh really! Who's it? Is it my future sister-in-law?" He asked me in a fake girly tone with enthusiasm.

I tried to search for his stomach, luckily I found it and I punched his stomach playfully with my left hand. Then I hung my right hand around his shoulder.

"Dude, Your voice suck!" I replied. "Don't try it again, I don't want to have a sister. " I smirked at him.

"Oh ouch! You hurt my feelings, my brother." he replied in the same girly tone which he used earlier.

We laughed out loudly as I tried to imagine him being a girl. It was hilarious.

"Okay! Leave all the jokes aside. Tell me her name." He asked curiously.

"Patience! Steve, If I didn't know you better, I may have thought you were interested in the girl." I joked.

He groaned, "Just tell me the girl's damn name."

"It's Alyssa." I answered in a monotone because I was still angry at her.

There was a moment of silence. He cleared his throat and then asked me awkwardly, "What did she tell you?"

"Nothing really. Just I sat next to her in the last period."

"When the teacher asked us to take out our books, I asked her to help me to take my books as I forgot where I kept it, she didn't respond. When I tried to find it myself, she handed my bag to me. And guess what's the funniest thing that happened? As soon as she handed me the bag, she said that I could have asked her for her help and that she would have helped me."

I continued after a moment of pause, "Yeah, imagine my shock! But I coolly replied her that I had asked her help. She apologized and then we made some small talk."

Then I wondered whether to tell him about Alyssa's reaction when she came to know that we were partners for the project or not. I hoped that he would not do some stupid things to her. But then I realized how physically strong he might be, he wouldn't hurt a girl.

"And we ended up being partners for some project. As soon as she came to know that we were partners, she got up from the seat and ran to the teacher. I'm sure it must be about switching the partners.."

"Hmm! I don't know how to spill out the truth about her." He took a deep breath and then continued, "She is deaf. And it's the reason why she didn't respond to you when you asked her help the first time. She reads the lips and wears a hearing aid."

Oh that's why, her voice was a little different, and I believed it to be an accent. I laughed at the thought of believing that she was having a different accent.

"Care to tell me the inside joke?" Steve asked in a teasing tone.

"Well! When I had spoken to her, I didn't know. So when she spoke differently, I assumed it was an accent." After a moment, I was lost in my thoughts.

"And dang it! She could have fooled me even if she had told me that she was deaf; I wouldn't have believed her. I really felt that she was just like others, and she truly is." I smiled.

"She's not like us by the way." He chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I asked him curiously, my fists clenched together; if he had meant that she was deaf, he would have been the biggest hypocrite because he said me that I was normal like others and now he's indicating that she's not.

"Well! Chill my brother, what I meant to say is, that Alyssa is a major time nerd." He replied with a smirk.

"Oh." I sheepishly replied with a small smile.

"Are you sure that nothing is going on between you both? I swear you were going to punch the living lights out of me, that I would not be able to walk." He teased.

I kept my mouth shut; instead let my hands do the speaking for me. I playfully punched his left shoulder. But in my mind that thought 'She didn't want to be partner with me' kept nagging me.

Just then some footsteps were coming closer as it was getting loud and louder.

"Who is coming?" I asked Steve.

"It's Mrs Slater. She must have come to collect her books which she left in this class." He replied.

"Is anyone else there?" I asked him, hoping he would say no.

"Nope" He answered.

"Mrs Slater, May I ask you a few questions, if it doesn't bother you?" I asked her.

"Well it depends all on the questions and please call me Minnie, Mrs Slater sounds too old." She said in a cheerful tone.

"Well I noticed that Alyssa ran up to you as soon as you announced that we were partners so I was wondering what she asked you." I asked her.

"It's really not my place to tell. But since you are curious, she wanted to change the partners." she replied.

I mumbled a soft okay, and thanked her for letting me know. As she was about to leave, she was mumbling to herself, "Students these days usually don't worry for their partners, and this girl instead for looking out for herself, she was looking out for her partner".

My ears perked up, and I asked her, what did she mean by that.

What she replied next, surprised me "She wanted to switch because... she thought she would not be able to help you properly as she can't hear properly."

Then I smiled as I realized that she didn't hate me, and that she cared for me.

I thanked her for answering my questions.

Then I began to wonder why she hid from me. Steve answered me as though he had read my mind, "She didn't mind anyone knowing of it and that she was not shy of it." But all the more, it made me to wonder.