Chapter 21:-

ALYSSA POV:-

Before Josh's Song happens.

“ Alyssa, it's time for you to leave for english class.” Alice informs me as we walked down the corridor.

“I don't want to. It's the project day.” I reminded her, as I shuffled my books in the locker.

“Alyssa, when have you ever let someone come in the middle of your studies? Are you going to watch and let it happen?” Alice slams my locker door, forcing me to see her lips moving at the same time. She knows that she was right.

“Ugh, fine I'm going. But I'll just leave that dreadful file about him cause I don't want to be stuck with it. And I'll leave the class after that.” I replied to her hastily and firmly.

“That's all I need you to do.” She says it with a mysterious face. She must have seen the curiousity creeping out of my face. She hooks her arm with mine. She brushes it off as if nothing has happened out of the ordinary.

“Alys I've a free period right now, so can I join you?” She asks me but I knew her better than that. She wouldn't take no for an answer.

“When has that ever stopped you? Sure.” I answered and she smiles a victory grin.

~*~*~*~

I could see the usual assigned seats of Josh and I taken by him and Steve. I didn't want to sit next to him. Nor I wanted to make known of my presence.But I was really surprised that Josh would be here. I thought he would bunk it. Well but I'm sure he would not have been prepared for anything. He himself said me to do all the work.

I sat in one of those seats of the class where you can see everything but be hidden in view. I didn't want to be spotted by Steve and Josh.

Mrs. Minnie enters the class. She gives us the basic rules and information. She picks up sheets of piece of paper and calls out the student's names and partner.

Alice explained me the amusing things displayed by our classmates which I have missed. I tried to be enthusiastic but I couldn't. I was actually tensed for our project. Come on, who wouldn't be?

Suddenly Alice brings me down to earth from my thoughts, she shakes my arm a bit too violent for my taste.

“Its yours and Josh turn. Mrs. Minnie called out your names.” She whisper-yells at me.

I shushed and whispered to her, “I will give her the file later when the all the students leaves.”

I gave a glance towards Josh, I wanted to know what he would do. I found out that he was shocked, by his behaviour- he actually was about to hit his head on the desk.

I could see he was angry and whispering with Steve. Their conversations took some time. I wanted to leave the classroom, I didn't want to be here. That was obvious, he didn't prepare anything and it would have been embarrassing for me.