Chapter 26:-

One year later..

Alyssa Pov:-

I'm joining at the Sunstreaks College in my old place. That's right, I have shifted back to here again. No one familiar to me know, that I'm back here. Alice left to London, long ago to join that architecture college. And Steve also left for London for the management college. Personally, if you ask me, they went there to be with each other, just the good colleges added to their benefit.

I joined this college, because it had good reputation of arts, music and dance. I have always wanted to be an artist, and it seems to be the best choice out of all the options I had. It was one of the best colleges to offer some unique art courses. I couldn't refuse to turn it down, and my parents also forced me to join this college, I guess so, they needed to come back here and so they took any excuses they could to return back to our place.

Sunstreaks College was extended by the foundations of Sunstreaks School, so most of the students just graduated to Sunstreaks College. So there were going to be so many familiar faces. I shuddered at the thought of meeting a familiar person.

“Darling, its time to go to College,” My mom says with a smile plastered on her face. She continues, “ I can't believe my daughter is growing up so fast. It seems like it was yesterday you joined the kindergarten school and now you are going off to college.”

“Mom, its alright. I'm still your daughter.” I try to assure her with another small smile on my face.

She approaches me and gives me an apple. Yes, some things never change even if we grow up. And she settles down a glass of orange-juice on the table. She leans over to the chair, I was seated in the dining table and gives me a hug.

“I'm proud of you, Alyssa. I love you.” Mom says to me with a sparkle in her eyes.

“YesMom, Ialsoloveyou...” I replied to her back a bit too fast, with a smile on my face. I would never stop being embarrassed at this kind of situation; but at the same time, it always tug my heart in a good way. My mom gave me another of those sweet smiles, I smiled back at her, and resumed eating my food.

“Sweetheart, ready for your first day of College.” My dad teases me. Whenever dad says Sweetheart, it always brings me a ton of emotions of Josh. The first time when dad called me that, I had to run to my room, and control my tears. I tried to calm myself. I got used to him slowly, now Josh is just another memory wrapped up in my mind. Suddenly I remembered to ask Alice something.

From: Alyssa

To:Alice

Are you sure that Josh is not studying at Sunstreaks College?

I texted her again, one more time the question. I didn't want to meet him at any cost. I felt a vibration in my hand, I opened the text.

From:Alice

To:Alyssa

For the thousandth time, NO. I asked Steve, he said he wasn't joining the same college. He was going somewhere else.