Chapter 12:-

ALYSSA POV:-

I could only stare at him. I wished that I could be anywhere at this moment but not here.

“Hello!” the guy snapped his fingers in front of my face breaking me out of my trance.

“What do you want? I'm not a blin--” I retorted.

“I came to see what was taking so long.” My mom came walking towards us.

“Alyssa what's wrong with you? Didn't I tell you earlier to be a good host.” My mom reprimanded me. I glanced at him whether he had recognised me by now. He still had a blank look at his face. But I could have sworn that at first I saw a flicker of recognition but it was as soon as gone as fast as lightning.

“ I'm sorry for her behaviour --” She apologises to the guy, hestitating at his name . I knew his name but I hoped it wasn't what I thought it is.

“Its Ryan, Mrs Stratson.”, my breath hitched. I couldn't believe it was him that person who troubled my school life for the most part. I wanted the ground to swallow me.

“It's okay I've met many feisty girls before.” He says with a smirk. He even winked at me. Oh the baloney crap. All I did simply smiled a polite smile in front of my mother. But as soon as she turned her back I could only give him the most murdering look I could muster.

Flashback

Today was my very first day, I started at the Sunstreak High School. This was my first normal school. I was anticipating a lot. Nervousness creeped up to me as I entered the front steps of the school. All I did was pray to god silently. Praying to him that everything would go fine.

Suddenly I crashed somewhere. As I looked up I saw a guy around my age. As I was about to apologise to him, he said to me “Deaf girl, look where you are going to.” He said with a sarcarsm laced with humour at me. He just glared at me as if I had done the most offensive thing. He left me alone and walking away.

I felt hurt hearing him say me 'Deaf girl'. I controlled myself saying that I wouldn't meet him again after all the school was big. And that he didn't meant that. I washed my face, freshened up. I went to the office room. The front room was actually pleasant, there was no one there except an old lady who was working on a computer. I guess she was the secretary.

“Mam, I'm Alyssa Stratson. This is my first day here. Can I get my schedule?” I asked her politely.

“ Oh you must be the Alyssa which everyone knows now.” She replied. I just politely nodded, I wasn't surprised that they knew about me. In fact, I knew this would happen if I liked it or not.

“Here's your schedule, dearie. There's a map also so that you don't get lost. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask me.” She asked me politely and handed me a paper and a school map.

“Thanks Mam.” I politely answered her.