Chapter one

2 years earlier .....

"Yes I know, I know, and no I am not attending any frat party's okay?" I was currently trying to please my overprotective, and very strict mother.

I was currently speaking to my mother on my phone whilst finishing my essay for college. I get up from my bed and walk through the hallway and into the living room where I seat myself down as my mother talks about the family and their day, like I care.

"So we had your cousin over and your aunt..."

"Mom I have to go now I have a lot of homework to finish up and it's getting late and you know I love you guys but i think those stories can wait for later okay?" I know I sounded a bit rude, but it's hard for me to have to live up to expectations.

Ever since I was little I was always compared to my sisters and cousins, I've always had to stay on top.

So now at age 20 I was working hard on essays instead of partying, of course my parents never trusted that.

After I said goodnight to my mother and double reassured her I'm not a prostitute I went to go to sleep.

Putting on a long black t shirt and letting my dark hair out of its bun , I got under the covers and closed my eyes trying to focus on sleep.

Sleep.
Sleep.

I yawn and feel sleep pulling me in, then it came the knock.

I got up and walked over to the door, checking my watch throughout the whole time of walking to the door.

When I open it up I see no one and my anger starts to flare. Nobody ding dong ditches me like that. But then I hear a cry, a baby's cry and I look down to see a bundle inside of a bassinet.

I look around for someone but nobody was to be seen in the dark.

I bent down and saw a note the note said nothing but...

One month. Girl.
Thank you.

It wasn't written it was printed out so there was no way of finding out who had written it.

I grabbed the bassinet and took the baby inside to stop its wailing.

Taking the little  girl out of the bassinet I rocked her gently, tomorrow I would get some formula.

You might ask why I won't go to the police or say something to someone, but when I looked at this little girls face my heart melted.

And that was the first night.