Chapter 3

I groan to the sound of the construction being done outside. I try to shut my eyes for a little more sleep when a body plops down on top of me.

"Mommy, mommy wake up" I mumble out a few words before getting up to get ready.

"Here honey put this on" I help camerri get dressed and ready before putting on a black tank top with a grey cardigan and grey washed out jeans.

"Mommy come on or I won't be able to get a swing! Hurry up hurry up" she try's to pull me out with her tiny hand tugging on my arm and I laugh before grabbing my phone and my keys before getting out of the building with her hand in mine.

We play I spy all the way to the park and I let her go play whilst sitting on the bench but of course I end up getting up to play tag with Camerri, hey I'm a child at heart.

"IM GONNA GET YOU!" I yell from across the park camerri laughs evilly (which is so cute).

"YOULL NEVER CATCH ME MWAHAHAHAHAHA"
"OH YEAH" I start to run after her, I put my hand out to tag her when she hides behind a strangers leg.

The very stranger I just bumped into, I clear my throat before lifting my head up to say sorry, but I'm at a loss of words.

His grey eyes pierce my blue ones and his dark hair is messy from having fingers run through it, his high cheek bones and tan skin make my throat dry and his full pink lips make my toes curl.

"Umm sorry" I say standing straight and noticing two men in suits behind him. He seems to not acknowledge them as he takes a cigarette out of his leather jacket and puts it in between his teeth. 

I crinkle my nose at that and feel like it's high school all over again, and he's that type of bad boy the kids stay away from, and I don't need my daughter second hand smoking.

"Camerri come on honey I think we should go" I say beckoning over to her, she nods and comes over to me but before doing so she puts her hand out to the stranger.

"Hello I'm camerri way pweased to meet you" she says politely although she can't pronounce most of the words.

He chuckles and takes her hand in his.

"Axel Baley and the pleasure is all mine" he says in a husky and delicious tone. Camerri giggles and he sends her a heart melting smirk, great now he's gonna convince her to come inside his truck! Well not on my watch!.

"And dis is my mommy... But she's secretly a vampire" she says whispering the last part, I mentally face palm myself before grabbing her hand.

"Well honey I'm sure mr umm"

"Bawey mommy Bawey..excuse my mother she slow" I gasp and axel chuckles.
"Ha ha..isn't she funny" I say secretly sending a furious stare to camerri and tugging on her arm.

"And what's your name miss Ray?" He asks, I come in close where camerri can't hear me.

"Listen buddy, I have better things to do right now and my daughter definitely doesn't need second hand smoke or asthma so tell me what you want so we can leave" I snap and he puts his eyebrows up before taking his cigarette out of his mouth and throwing it to the floor before putting it out.

"Feisty I like it, how much for a night?" I gasp in horror and bawl my free hand into a fist to restrain myself from slapping this piece of sh- shower shower yes this piece of shower. And cue the smirk.

"I mean come on, single mom with a kid, how do you pay the bills Huh? I bet you have four guys a night, no maybe 3" he says in his deep sexy seductive voice.

I feel the anger fuel and let my hand rip causing the whole park to stop and stare, the two men whom I assume are his body guards are about to move forward when axel tells them off.

He looked angry and his eyes are storming causing me to shiver.

He grabbed my free arm not gently at all may I add and brought his face closer to mine.
"You'll pay for that, Valentina" I shudder at how my name rolls off his tongue and feel even more shocked as to how he knows my name.

" it was nice meeting you camerri I'll see you later" he says winking at her before releasing me and walking away not looking back.

"Mommy why did you hit the nice man?" She asks as we walk home, I flinch at her question and shrug, what I really want to figure out is how he had figured out my name.

When we get home I usher cam into the shower before dinner then send her to sleep.

Laying in bed I try and think of the million ways he could have known my name before falling asleep with the feeling someone was watching me.