Chapter 12

My eyes shoot open when I hear the door jilt open I don't dare turn around or open my eyes knowing who it is and I really don't need to have this conversation after what had happened. But when he walks directly away from the bed and slams open the door of the bathroom while forcefully turning on the light I peel my eyes open and look to the clock first.

It's only been an hour since I closed my eyes and the sun is just coming up. I turn my head towards the bathroom where half of his body sticks out as he washes his hands and fumbles with his tie at the same time. This is not what caught my attention it was the blood that was all over his shirt. How in the hell?! I get up immediately and come into the bathroom. He doesn't look up at me or peel his eyes away from the task at hand. I know he's frustrated by the way he tugs at his tie and slams his hands down on the counter.

I touch his forearm causing him to snap towards me, I shudder his once grey eyes were black and dangerous causing me to swallow hard before taking a bold step forward and bringing my hands slowly up to his tie. I feel his gaze burn holes in my forehead as I effortlessly take it apart and pull off over his head. His fist are clenched and bloody and his breathing is jagged making his anger show extremely. I reach for one of his fists and are eyes meet his black eyes turning back to their enchanting grey.

I lift his hand up not sure of what I'm doing but I can't stop now as I pull out the cufflinks on his suit and place the silver materials onto the sink counter. He doesn't move or tell me to stop as I grab the next hand and repeat the action. I turn to look at him but he doesn't have any emotion on his face so I continue. I move closer to him if possible and unbutton his  dress shirt all the way down.

I move it away from his shoulder delicately as though he is a fragile 3 year old and not a grown man who can snap my neck with his fingers. When I'm done I put the shirt in the sink and come to him. My mind is whirling around when I subconsciously reach for his belt. His hand catches mine causing me to look up towards him.

"I can do the rest" is all he says I nod and watch him shift to the sink he starts to wash his shirt as I look him over. His shoulders are broad and his body is perfectly structured. A six pack fits his abdomen well and his arms are muscular but not too extreme they are perfect. His 5 o clock shadow made him look older and his blessed face looked troubled. To say this man was gorgeous is an understatement.

I cough awkwardly draining those intruding thoughts away before asking the wrong question.
"What happened?" He had stopped what he was doing completely as in full on dropped the shirt and closed the sink before turning to me. I wait patiently for his answer and wisely step back afraid we will have a repeat of what happened a while ago.

He noticed this and took it into account before answering.
"We were ambushed at a trade location" he says it as though it's the most obvious things.
"Oh so you were trading coats with the Indians?" I say trying to lighten the mood but he doesn't laugh or smirk or move.
"No"
"So what were you trading?" His eyes started to get darker and I had regretted that last question. My father always told me a mans business is his own.
"Drugs, and women" my jaw hit the floor like literally. What did he just say?! Oh lord please say the police ambushed them. Oh my my heart rate  was escalating by the second.

"Who ambushed you?" I ask he runs his hand through his messy locks and looks back to me quickly.
"The person I was making the trade with. He killed most of my men before I had time to come in" wow this is a lot to take in . I listen intently trying to move back as he moves closer but I'm stuck to the floor.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I don't know why I had said that but I felt as though he was mourning but his next words changed my thoughts.
"Oh well they knew they were at risk from the moment they joined they were dead the day they signed their names into my contract book" I shudder at how cruel he sounds.