Chapter 14

I flutter my eyes open and shut them back close when the light blurs my vision. Why does this keep happening to me? I cringe when I hear Nicolo's voice boom through the room.
"What are you stupid or something! You knew she was here and you disregarded what I told you" I hear him yell, obviously to someone else in the room. When I open my eyes again blinking multiple times to get a clear view I see how many people are really in this room.

There are three men and one women who is rolling her eyes at the overheated Nicolo.

"Well sorry for wanti-"
"She's awake" one of the men dressed in a casual attire of a t shirt and jeans says. Nicolo turns to me immediately and I notice just how underdressed the women and that one guy are compared to him and the other two men in the room.

"My.. Head" I mumble it but they seem to get the gist and one of the men who wears a black Suit hands me a glass of water with what looks to be Advil.
I then notice that one of the men in suits is Parker from Nicolo's house, the one he kept me captive in. I send a small smile and he sends one back.

The room has gotten quiet and I wait for someone else to break the tension.
"Tomasso preferred as Tom but whatever you like is fine" the normal dressed one says kissing the back of my hand. I blush as his deep green eyes meet mine. He was handsome with his light brown hair and green eyes. In fact everyone in this room is attractive but no one measured up to Nicolo as he stood in the corner of the room.

"Valentina" I say my voice small as he sends me a smile.
"A beautiful name for a beautiful women" he says my cheeks light up at the compliment.
"non si ottengono per tom accogliente . bene presentarvi" Nicolo says, Tom sends a forced smile his way and releases my hand before the women comes to me. Judging me with skeptical eyes.

"I'm Bella the Dons cousin" she says I raise a brow and she laughs before moving her gaze to the fiery hothead in the corner who was yelling at her minutes ago.

She smiles and moves away as the man who gave me the Advil comes next. He smiles his hazel eyes meeting mine and I smile back. He takes my hand and kisses the back of it before speaking his name his Italian accent fairly deep.
"Angelo"

I nod and watch as they all exit the room. Except Parker who murmurs some Italian mombojumbo into his bosses ear and exits the room following the others. I sit there awkwardly before breaking the silence.

"Where is my daughter?" I ask his face stays impassive as he walks to the door and exits the room before coming back with cam who has her Dolly's in her tiny little hands.
She looks up and her eyes light up when she sees me.
"Mwommy!" She runs to me and I open my arms wide for her to jump into which she does. Her tutu whipping my face as she does but I don't care I just laugh and smile at my baby girl.

"Mwommy mwommy so this house is swo bwig and dey have a pwool and a bwig tv in a bwig room wit a bwunch of cwool stuff and and Pwarker and Tommy let me pway a gwame with Mario carts and dwey have a bwig kitchen for for-"
I laugh and that cuts her off, she smiles up at me and I give her a big hug and kiss.
"I'm glad your having fun baby, just remember you have to ask before doing things because this isn't our house and don't forget to say please and thank you" she giggles when I tickle her tummy and sends me a cheeky smile before fake saluting me.

"Yes mwommy!" She squeals before jumping off of my lap and running to Nicolo she stands swaying in front of him. He looks down at her.
"Can I please go play?" She asks he nods firmly and she giggles running out of the room.

The smile stays plastered on my face as I watch her pink tutu disappear behind the door.
"My cousin thought you were an imposter she is deeply sorry and I have a fairly important meeting to attend. It is taking place in the living room so I have made sure camerri is not in the room for it and you may join but I don't know if it's your type of thing, seeing as you faint at the slightest news" I scowl at his depicted insult and chose to take it as a challenge. I stand up straight and nod.