Chapter 24

Once again I awaken with my mind boggled and my head cramped. How many times was I to be knocked out before I could live a normal average life? I scowl when I feel my stomach being pressed upon. Something heavy lay on it and whatever "it" belonged to was breathing. I search the dark room and see a small bed to the side with cam sleeping peacefully in it. When I turn around my eyes come to contact with Nicolo's chest. Which is, mind you as fucking hard as a brick.

I look up to find his usually stressed features relaxed and calmed. His long eyelashes kissed his cheeks and his lips lay rested and full. I look down to find we are both in hospital gowns and one of Nicolo's arm is bandaged up. The bandage wrapped around his arm and disappeared into the gown. It must be covering where he had gotten shot.

"Go back to sleep" his deep raspy voice filled the room and I shuddered as his eyes remained closed. I admired his unusually awesome six scent of knowing things he couldn't possibly know.
"I can't" I whisper watching as his eyes open beautifully and slow.
"Why not?" He asks as he runs his eyes down from my eyes to our bodies and how tangled and messy they look. I blush fiercely and realize we aren't playing twister.

"I'm not tired anymore" I say he scowls and that of course makes me scowl. He uses his arm that previously lay on me and grabbed his phone from behind him on the counter that must have been put there.

"Valentina, it's 4:30 am and I am still unrested" I smile at how sleepy he looks and yet his bed hair lay remarkably perfect.
"Okay and? You have to do what I want" his smirk grew and my frown grew more. He moved up on his elbow and look down on me. His eyes narrowed in depth as they studied me and my heart rate escalates as they move down to my lips.

"I'm sorry" these words were muffled and small and my ears jumped to catch them. Did Nicolo say sorry again? It isn't like him to apologize on a daily basis.
"Why?" My mouth grows dry and my hands sweaty as I watch him lick his lips and look up at the ceiling then to cam.

"About everything, from the moment we met till now" I grin in response and my laughter bubbles. His frustration yet determination was clear and it made him look adorable as he tried and fought so hard to say these few words. Soon I could not hold it in, so I giggled loudly at first but then a whisper kind of giggle.

"Why are you laughing?" Nicolo whispers as I hold my stomach. His eyebrows come together in confusion which makes my laughter rise.
"Stop that" I try and inhale but can not as the room is filled up by my joy.
"Why are you laughing like that! Stop" his yells were hushed and fast. But I couldn't find it in me to obey so I continued till his body crushed mine and his hand covered my mouth.

He lay on top of me with a devilish look and our eyes met as he covered my mouth with his right hand and his other hand which was his left without the bandage, held him up.
"You know I like you're black underwear" my giggles stop and my heart beat pounds against my rib cage. The color of my cheeks became redder then roses and I could not move under his weight.

He chuckled in a dark menacingly way as to show dominance and his smart witty self. He soon released my mouth but didn't remove his body from mine.
"Well, I hate them actually I'm thinking of getting rid of them" his laughter rises and rumbles in my own chest.
"I love you" his eyes caught mine in a deadly stare and the kiss came next. I caught his lips on mine with fire and ice. Our lips move in sync and my heart cries and my body gets feverish. We brake apart with my heart ripping through my body.

"I love you, I love you, I love you" in between these three words he pecks my lips over and over again. I giggle but right before my tears envelope me. This stops the moment as I cry out in pain. Why was I crying? His face goes blank and I see him in blurs.

My crying doesn't stop till I feel my anxiety over react. My breathing becomes hard and heavy and I heave to breathe again. Nicolo's screams are in the back of my head and I beg for air. My head goes dizzy and I can hear my baby screaming as Nicolo yells at the nurses. They touch and talk but I cannot feel and hear.

My air knocks out of me and the beep nearby is the last thing I hear.