Chapter 25

Nicolo's POV

The doctors had rushed us out when the line dropped and I was confused beyond belief. But mostly my anger flared as I took cam away from the room. She had been awaken so abruptly that she now cried on my shoulder. I rocked her gently in hopes to calm her and was successful. The nurse ran out and handed me a pair of sweat pants and a t shirt before running back into the room where they were constantly screaming things. Medical words I would never understand.

Soon everything stopped and I inhaled for what seemed to be the first time, I walked slowly to the entrance of the door where she lay cold and still. Her wonderful eyes closed and her lips unchanged. The doctor tapped her three times before looking around the room.

"Okay let's call it, time of death 6:24 am" my heart began to race and my fist clenched around my daughter. Time of death? I handed cam over to the nearest nurse who caught her thankfully and I ran over to touch her or to shake her. But everything blurred and the doctors held my arms for support. She wasn't going to die not now she couldn't.

I ran for the bed in hopes of unlocking my arms from there's and when I reached her bed I collapsed upon my knees. Everything we had been through everything she had taken with her, was gone and nothing was coming back. Not the feeling of my hands or legs or the breath soothing my lungs.

It was all gone and it was taken from me. And she lay so cold under my fingertips her icy hands complete and her mind wished away. 6:24? Was it in the book or was it never planned. I reached to touch her and when my hand touched her skin I flinched for it lay so cold and so unyielding. Never had I thought I would find her and never would I have thought I lose her.

"When can I bury her?" I asked loudly but no one answered as the head doctor shut the door. I turned to the others but none of them revealed any emotion towards me.

"You don't" seven of them hammered at me all at once, some with guns and others without and that's when the heart monitor started up again and her first breath was inhaled. She didn't open her eyes but that was all I needed for reassurance.

But the fight had not stopped there as I disarmed the next fool to test me. I took him down silently and all of them lay there dead except him. I needed him alive. I moved for her when a pain in my neck stopped me. There lay a needle and whatever had been inside was injected into my vein.
When I hit the floor I saw not one but two black clothed figures taking Valentina as my daughter cried and wailed. They had taken her and now I could not see or hear and the world was lost to me. Gone for now and my senses disarmed.

**********************************************************************************

"Daddy daddy daddy" echoes just echoes. I open my eyes gently to see cam next to me her tears dried on her skin and the sun from the window coming in. I was in a bed and my one good hand lay chained to the bed post. Damn it, cops.

I groan at the pain in my head and cam lays her cheek against my lap hugging me. I could feel her innocent baby body shaking. She was so young and not ready for any of this. It was all too much for a little girl of her caliber. Now her mother had been taken by unknown enemies and the police had gotten their assess shoved in our problems.

A small knock makes my head rise and cam to hug me closer. When I see the detective and his partner I scowl and invite them in. Cam shoves her body into my arms and hides her face in my shoulder. I held her and waited for the men in front of me to speak.

"Mr. Nicolo Salvestro, I'm detective Firn and this is my partner detective Sereno. A nurse outside vouched for you and told us of your self defense actions. We believe her seeing as we found the doctor and his multiple nurses hauled up in a closet with their IDs and Wallets taken. We still need to ask a few questions" this man was tall with a straight pointed nose and straight serious lips. He was at least thirty and looked tired. His African American partner whom was a bit shorter examined the room.