Do you trust me?

"Look into my eyes, Mabel!" Stan shouted to his niece.

The commotion of the portal and its lights seemed to make it harder for Mabel to concentrate. She felt as if she was going to cry again. The poor girl took a moment as she tried to remember one of the first days of her summer with her brother, Dipper.

She remembered that day of her summer when she had just scored a relationship with a boy, Norman. Dipper walked in on her while she was getting ready for her date with her boyfriend in the attic of the bedroom they shared together. She had just finished brushing her hair as she turned to see him there. Back then, Dipper was still wearing his old brown star cap.

"Mabel, remember what the book said!" Dipper turned his head to look at the door. Mabel followed his actions as well. She knew that he was just being cautious and maybe a little too paranoid at the time. "Trust no one!" He finally said as he met his sister's face again.

"What about me, huh?" Mabel questioned. "Why can't you trust me?"

As Mabel recalled her early summer days, she didn't realize that she had almost let a couple of tears shed and float away from her face. With her right arm, she dried her wet, dripping tears onto her pink sweater. Stan was asking Mabel for her trust, but she wasn't going to let a silly, little page in a book decide if she should do so or not. The brown-haired girl was going to make up her own mind.

Besides, there was no way that Stan was an evil guy at heart. Mabel knew him better. He was always able to share a laugh or smile with her. And c'mon! He saved her pet pig, Waddles, from a huge flying pterodactyl for her, even if he wasn't a big fan of the pig. Stan saved not only her, but also Dipper from a bunch of flesh-eating zombies just to keep them safe.

Mabel turned to face her dear dear Grunkle. "Do you really think I'm a bad guy?!" Stan yelled to her.

Before Mabel could say or do anything, her twin brother rang in. "He's lying! Shut it down! Now!"

Dipper's voice startled Mabel. She had never heard her own brother sound so afraid in her life. She swallowed the fear that was crawling its way up her throat. For the first time since she discovered the active portal under the shack, Mabel had settled down.

Although Dipper was against it, Mabel knew what had to be done. "Grunkle Stan..." Mabel began.

Her hand hovered over the flashing red deactivate button as the time counted down its last seconds. "6. 5. 4..."

Mabel felt in her heart that Stan was telling the truth. He would never do anything to hurt or put his own kids in danger. So, Mabel loosened her muscles and let go, letting her curly hair fly free in mid air. With no gravity, Mabel felt weightless. She felt as if she were soaring high. Behind her, the portal started to pick up speed and get louder.

Then, Mabel let three words escape her mouth. "I trust you."

Stan smiled. Mabel did exactly what he knew that she would do and now thanks to her, he was finally going to see his long-lost twin brother again. He had waited thirty years for this moment and nothing was going to stop him. Not now.