Free at last

Gideon watched as Bill put their deal into action, the demon vanishing and attacking the prison guard's mind.

"This will only take a second." Bill chanted to the guard. Fast asleep on the keyboard of the computer, the man woke up in horror. His eyes altered into glowing blue spheres. He did not cease his yelling fit until Bill was entirely welcomed into his mindscape.

Now in complete control of the prison guard, Bill clicked the button to Gideon's cell on the front desk. The possessed man then proceeded to push buttons to other prisoners' cells. The boy's face lit up when the gate automatically slid open, along with hearing other cell's gates click open. With one of his joyful short dances and clapping, Gideon was finally out.

"Now," he began to Bill. "Let's go put an end to the Pines family!"

Unlike Gideon, the other criminals yelled and shouted, finally free. With a noisy riot, all the nearby officers followed behind. Gideon witnessed the prison guards take down a handful of the chaos. Luckily for him, Gideon was swift and quick. He was cautious not to be seen and before he knew it, he was in the clear. At least almost.

Behind him, a voice broke the silence.

"Freeze!"

Gideon didn't freeze because he was told, however because he was one hundred percent sure he was caught by a cop. The freckled boy knew at that moment that his escape was too easy. He should have expected this.

As the boy turned around, he sighed with relief. No cop had seen him. He was up against the cold, rough cement walls that wrapped around the outside of the prison. He must have been hearing a police officer take down another one of his jail mates. He giggled at the sight of his so-called "friends" from prison being pounded to the ground by the officers. Their escape was not subtle and the thought made Gideon laugh more.

As he strolled out of the walls of the jail, he thought there should have been at least guard dogs or barbed wire around the fence but the lad saw no such luck. This town really was full of a bunch of simpletons.

As he ran around in the woods, Gideon tried the best he could to avoid revealing himself to the townsfolk.