One less problem

Star came back down the elevator, humming Space Unicorns. "All taken care of!" She cheered, tossing her wand in the air and catching it no problem.

Mabel sighed with relief. "What would we do without you?" She said, giving a tiny chuckle.

"Alright, alright." Stan started. "I've got to admit. That was impressive."

"Believe me," Marco rang in. "I have seen most of her spells come out wrong so don't get your hopes up." He giggled before continuing. "The spell probably gave those guys no brains or something to that effect."

Right when Marco finished speaking, a beam of magic came hurtling towards him, drenching him from head to toe in a narwhal blast. "Oops." Star joked. "My wand must have 'malfunctioned'."

"Right in my direction?" Marco questioned, raising an eyebrow at the girl's ridiculous statement. Marco knew it was what he said that caused him to get his karma from Star. From two feet away, Mabel stood, practically falling on the floor in a fit of laughter. She had to hold herself up with one hand to keep from falling completely on the ground.

Sure, Stan was the type to always goof off and be childish, but he was now stuck on serious mode. He did not even snicker at the kids' silliness. Instead, the man tried to focus on making sure everything was properly working. If there was anything that Stan had figured out what to do while trying to get his brother back, it was what every one of the controls does and why it does it. The levers on his desk were to keep the machine at a safe level, the radars for checking surrounding gravity and power, and the tube for the nuclear waste fuel.

"Soon." He silently whispered under his breath. "I'm coming for you, brother."