Girl with the pure heart

"Welcome visitors to my world of enchantment!" The unicorn's high-pitched voice bounced back off the walls around them and echoed. As she talked, her horn blinked and lit up with a pink color.

Mabel felt as if she was going to hyperventilate and faint. "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" Luckily, she controlled her breathing enough to get her words out. "Okay, okay. Big moment, Mabel." She told herself. Taking a deep heave of oxygen, she restarted. "What's your name?"

"I am Celestabellebethabelle. Last of my kind." The unicorn announced. "Please come forth and tell me what you seek."

Star made a face, lifting one eyebrow and biting the corner of her lip as she folded her arms across her chest. This unicorn was definitely more odd and holy than her best friend, Princess Pony Head.

"Celestabellebethabelle, we have come in the hopes that you would give us a lock of your hair to help protect our family." Mabel announced, approaching Celestabelle with great posture and graceful hand gestures to, hopefully, gain the unicorn's positive judgement.

"Very well, then." Celestabelle bellowed, stomping her hooves. "To receive your wish, step forth, girl of purest of heart."

Mabel stepped proudly forward from the rest of the girls and introduced herself to Celestabelle. "Mabel Pines, girl of purest heart! Lover of animals, threw up glitter one time, and can knit a sweater in under ten minutes!"

"What?" Celestabelle exclaimed. "You? A unicorn can see deep into your heart, child. You have done much wrong."

"B-but, our family, the shack! We gotta protect them, please!" Mabel looked like she was searching for some way to make Celestabelle change her mind. Her eyes fell on Star, the blonde teenager who was chewing the head of her wand as if it were a chew toy.

Mabel didn't even think twice. She pushed Star up to Celestabelle and the blonde girl nearly fell backwards from the sudden push. "What about you, Star?" She asked. "You've got to be more pure of heart than me, right?"

Star let out a chortle and dropped her head, shaking it. "Sorry, Mabel." She said. "I don't think so."

"What? Why not?"

Star wasn't feeling herself at all, lately. Ever since Marco had called her a screw-up, Star had felt nothing close to pure of heart. "I just can't. But don't blame yourself. This unicorn doesn't know what she's talking about. C'mon, Mabel. Let's just go back to the shack. We tried."

Star was heading out and the other girls were already walking out the gate doors. Mabel ran over to Grenda and pulled at her arm, forcefully beckoning for her to stay. "Wait! Guys! We can't leave. Stop!" As much as she tried to pull Grenda back, Grenda was strong enough to pull Mabel forward. Mabel, being dragged by her heels, was lead out through the gates.