Mending wands and bonds

"Okay, hold on for a sec." Star rang in. She held her hands up, waving them to get everyone's attention. "Let me get this straight. You mean to tell us that that three - sided, geometric, one - eyed shape is dangerous?" Star cracked up at the last word.

"No, I'm serious. You guys do not want to get on his bad side. Trust me, I've seen it before. It's not pretty." Dipper reassured the two teens. "You're lucky, too. Bill took this surprisingly well. Considering, someone doesn't know when to quit making deals with him."

Dipper, without turning around to face Gideon, narrowed his eyes. Behind him, Gideon gave a half smile and an innocent laugh, as well as a shrug.

"Star?" Mabel nudged in. She was holding onto the edge of the ditch, staring into it. Star trudged over to find a surprising sight. A tiny, yet muscular, purple unicorn was making its way into her wand's control center. As it crawled in, the wand sunk deeper into its crater. Star slid right into the hole with eyes, sparkling and glittering. Everyone followed.

Could it be true? Could Star's wand really be revived?

The wand closed and sunk deeper into its twenty-foot deep pit until it was almost completely out of sight. No one dared to say a word. About three seconds later, the kids felt a shake underneath their feet. It began as a shake and then rumbled as if something was trying to escape out of the dirt. Crystals rose from all sides of the group. They stood high and tall. When the tiny quake left, Dipper walked over to one of the crystals. His reflection stared back at him.

Star gazed upon the mightiest crystal infront of her. Its sides split open to reveal her restored wand. It found its way to the girl, dropping into the palms of her hands. Everyone peered over Star's shoulder to catch their own glimpses of the new wand. It was a light purple with bandages wrapped around the handle. A broken, golden star was pieced into the center. The golden crown on top remained the same, however, the wings that once were white and smooth were now sharp and grey. Any other accessory on the wand was golden, like the crown.

"Woah." Star mumbled.

"Oh, boy." Marco muttered from behind.

Star, snapping back to reality, got up on her feet. She pointed to Marco when she spoke. "You don't tell my parents what happened here. If they found out, they would kill me. Got it?"

"Got it." Marco said, surrendering his arms in the air, like Star was going to attack him with her outstretched finger.

Star swiveled around, pointing her finger at the others, too. "That goes for you guys, too." They all nodded in harmony, though they didn't even know her parents. The blonde pulled out her temporary dimensional scissors. "Now, let's go home."

"Uh, to be exact." Marco responded. "Our home or back to the shack?"

Although Star didn't answer, Marco gladly exited into the portal. He couldn't wait to get out of this dimension and never come back. Star was the first to hop out back into the smell of pine trees in the Earth dimension. Mabel took a deep breath, happy to be home. They were in the center of Gravity Falls, right next to the bowling alley.

Meanwhile, the town's two best officers were on a man hunt. Sheriff Blubs and Deputy Durland were searching for the escapee from prison. While on a break from their search, they decided to both get something to drink from the coffee shop. As they left the shop, they came to a halt.

"Uhh, I forgot who we were looking for." Sheriff Blubs began, after taking a sip from his coffee.

"I can't remember, either." Deputy Durland said, sadly. He dropped his head like he was a dog who was guilty of doing something wrong.

Right at that second, a portal interrupted them. Right after the portal, came the two Pines twins and teens, then, Gideon. That's when Deputy Durland remembered. He raised his head in surprise. "Hey! There he is!"

Deputy Durland and Sheriff Blubs both rushed over to him. Gideon let out a scream from the two officers quickly coming towards him. His face met the sidewalk ground in a matter of seconds. All the kids flinched and moved another foot further away from the sudden tackle. In the back, Tyler stopped to witness it all. "Get 'em!" He cheered. "Get 'em!"

Once cuffed, Gideon was given the chance to get back up and stand on his feet. Before he was forced into the back seat of the cop car, Gideon turned back to face Dipper and Mabel. "Hey, uh, Dipper?" He said. Dipper, in a bit of an astonished state, answered Gideon by making eye contact with him. "You're not all that bad, y'know? I was wrong about you and I'd like to apologize..."

Dipper felt as if he was living in a fantasy. Hearing Gideon's words made him nearly faint. Though, he kept his composure and let him finish. "I don't mind going back to prison, really. But, if you accept my apology, then maybe we could become...friends?" Gideon said his last words as if it was a question. He added a cheesy smile and raised his eyebrows.

Dipper couldn't believe it. He was sure he was going to faint. Gideon was not joking. He was really trying to turn himself around, for the better. The boy quickly shook his head to get himself out of a daze. "S-sure." He stated, lamely. He scratched the back of his head and laughed awkwardly. Before the cops could make another move, Mabel chimed in. "Wait! I have something to say, too." Gideon's eyes widened and his smile faded. Mabel approached Gideon with a slow pace, stepping in front of her brother to talk to him. "I'm sorry, Gideon. You're actually not as weird and creepy as I used to think you were. I knew that somewhere inside of you, there was some good."

"Thanks, Mabel." Gideon said. Mabel opened her arms wide and hugged Gideon. Though, he couldn't hug back, since his cuffs restricted him. Instead, he awkwardly stood there, a smile growing upon his lips. He made an excited, yet strange, sound. Mabel stepped back, retreating from the hug. She stared at Gideon, who apologized. "Sorry." He said. "Force of habit."

With that, Gideon was hustled into the back seat of the car. As he went on his way, Mabel, along with rest of the kids, smiled and watched. Mabel, different from the other kids, waved good bye to the nine-year-old. She saw his forgiving half-smile through the tinted window as the cop car drove off down the street.