Missing

The sunlight seeped through Star's eyelids, telling her to wake up. Her mouth gaped open into a yawn. She got up, her eyes still weary. She hadn't even noticed Marco was missing from his sleeping spot. Star entered the kitchen and met Dipper and Mabel at the table for blueberry muffins and orange juice.

"Morning, Star!" Mabel giggled, trying to chow down a bite of her muffin at the same time.

"Good morning, Mabel." Star smiled, her eyes still halfway open.

Unrelated from Dipper's last breakfast, he was so starving and couldn't turn down blueberry muffins. He ate his breakfast gratefully. Star took a muffin and started eating. After washing down her breakfast with juice, Star began to worry about Marco. She hadn't seen or heard from him all morning. Surely, he could have overslept. The blonde went to go check on her best friend.

"Oh, Marco?" She sang, heading to the living room. "The muffins are getting cold."

When Star arrived in the living room, she noticed there was no boy sleeping, curled up on the floor. Her eyes grew wide open.

"Marco?" She said to the empty room.

Dipper and Mabel followed behind Star. They beholded a stray sleeping bag.

"Where'd he go?" Star questioned the twins, expecting them to know.

Both of them shrugged in unison.

"I haven't seen him since yesterday." Dipper concluded.

"I could have sworn he was with you, last night." Mabel stated.

Star saw that Marco had left his red sweater resting on the TV and picked it up. She felt something heavy in his right sweater pocket and reached in to pick it out. It was his cell phone.

"What the-?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

Dipper came into the living room to where Star stood. "Why would he leave his phone here?" He asked, quite puzzled.

"Umm, guys?" Mabel said from behind her brother and the blonde. In her hand, she held a note. "Look."

Star snatched the paper right out of Mabel's hands. The blonde's eyes scanned through the cursive writing. As she read aloud, Dipper and Mabel exchanged concerned expressions.

"If you want your friend back, bring the wand."

At the bottom of the page, was someone's name. " - Toffee"

"Who's Toffee?" Mabel asked her blonde friend.

Star shook her head with a frown. " I don't know. All I know is we need to get Marco back."

Dipper interrupted Star. "Wait, we?"

Then, Mabel interrupted Dipper. "He means we're in!" She said, putting her arm around her brother's shoulder.

"Mabel," Dipper said, annoyed. "Are you serious?"

"Dipper, c'mon. Marco is our friend, right?"

Dipper itched the back of his neck. "Yeah, I guess so."

Star immediately changed the subject. "Do you guys happen to have any scissors?"

Both Mabel and Dipper were thrown off guard.

"What?" Dipper said, trying to recall if he heard Star correctly.

Star ended up searching for a pair of scissors herself, going into the kitchen first, prying through every drawer. Instead of moving around the kitchen utensils in the drawers, Star literally threw out the utensils that were not scissors - or the things that didn't look like scissors to her. The two twins followed behind her, only to stay in the kitchen doorway.

"I don't think you realize we're in the middle of a crisis and you're looking for scissors." Dipper said, matter - of - factly.

Star turned to face Dipper. "Oh." She let out a laugh. "And I don't think you know we're in the middle of a crisis and scissors can help us in this crisis." Star shot back in his face.

"Yeah, okay." Mabel said. "But why? Our friend is in danger and you don't seem entirely focused on the situation at hand."

"Of course I am!" Star went on, pulling out a can opener, trying to figure out what it was. She began messing around with the funny item in her hand.

"Those aren't scissors." Dipper said.

Star responded back quickly. "I know but they sure are weird." The girl chuckled. "What are these things?"

"It's a can opener. They help you cut open the lid of tin cans." Dipper said. "They're not really as interesting as they sound. How can you get so caught up in stuff like this?"

Mabel turned her head to talk to Dipper. "She's a princess from another dimension, Dip. She doesn't come from Earth."

"Am I living in one of your fairytales again?" Dipper teased Mabel, though his tone of voice had no humor in it.

"Why do you think she carries around a magic wand, huh?" Mabel questioned her brother.

Dipper laughed at the question. "I thought that was just an accessory. Besides, Mabel. I've never seen her use that like it was a real wand, like, once. In fact, I'm surprised someone is actually holding Marco ransom for that thing."

Mabel glared angrily at her twin. "Well, it wouldn't kill you to listen to other people once in a while, would it?"

Star finally spun around, a pair of scissors in her hand. "Yes! I found them!"

"So, can you tell me again, how is this going to solve everything?" Dipper asked the fourteen-year-old.

"It's going to help us like this." Star responded, aiming her wand at the pair of shears she put down on the table. "I've never had to use this spell before. I've been keeping it for emergencies. This spell will only work once on these ordinary scissors."

Star chanted her magical dimensional spell, keeping her wand aimed at the scissors. "Scissoric, dimensious, replicus!"

Dipper froze in bewilderment. Star's wand really was magical! Mabel wasn't kidding. Dipper mentally face - palmed himself. He felt foolish for thinking otherwise about Star. Why would he even deny it? He knew magic existed. He had been living in Gravity Falls for the whole summer. Gravity Falls, the town that has many hidden secrets within it; monsters, magical creatures, strange oddities, and more bizarre attractions.

Star's wand lightened up, causing a quick flash of white. Before them, the ordinary scissors began to float off the table, but only a few inches. They continued to stay that way, until Star joyously grabbed them.

She snipped them saying, "Our ticket to get Marco back are these scissors! Now, who's in for a trip to another dimension?"

Mabel and Dipper turned to face one another, but their facial expressions were different. Mabel's face held excitement and positive intuition. Dipper's face held uncertainty and doubtfulness.