Deal with a demon

Back in the attic, Dipper was well-prepared to pack up and leave the town and even his own sister behind. Right now, all he wished to see was his old bed, in his old room, back in California.

As he folded his clothes, he spoke to himself. "Goodbye, Stan. Goodbye, Mabel. Goodbye, Gravity Falls!" He angrily said, slamming his suitcase shut.

At that moment, everything lost its color and melted to grey. Dipper knew who it was and didn't even want to turn around to face the dumb yellow triangle. "Leave me alone, Bill. I am not in the mood." He said, facing his side of the room, at the wood wall.

"Now, Pine Tree. Is that any way to treat an old friend?" Bill remarked. Dipper pivoted around to make eye contact with Bill. He stared at him dead in the eye. "I don't have time for your demonic deals, man! Go bother someone else because I'm going home!" Dipper turned his back on the triangle and zipped up his suitcase.

"Why, Pines. What's the rush?" Bill asked, twirling his golden cane in his hand.

"Don't you have other people's dreams to ruin or something? What makes you think I'd trust you anyway?" As Dipper went on, he passed the mirror and caught a glimpse of the blue pine tree hat on his head. He stopped and didn't hesitate. He took it off and lay it on the bed where he used to sleep in for the summer. It was the hat that Stan let him have from the gift shop. He wore it when he thought that his sister. Mabel was someone he could trust. Now it was the hat he wore when Mabel betrayed him. Why would he want to keep it? It held too many bad memories.

"I just can't believe Mabel chose Stan over me! She went behind my back just to help him! And the worst part is we don't even know who he really is!" Dipper sighed. "I just don't know who to trust anymore."

As always, Bill was quick to respond. "Sounds like betrayal if you ask me. Maybe you should show them how it feels to be betrayed, too."

Dipper was half way through the door when he came to a stop at the end of Bill's statement. "What's your game, Bill? What do you want?" He said while crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Oh c'mon, Noodle Arms! We both know it. You want to get back at your family! Your uncle took advantage of you. Right when you showed him the third journal, he saw the book as a chance to help himself. And what has Shooting Star done for you, anyway? She didn't shut down the portal when you begged her to!"

Dipper immediately lifted his chin from staring at the wooden ground. "What?! How did you-" Bill cut Dipper off. Still, Dipper wondered how Bill could know something so recent.

"So are ya' in, kid? You and me. We'll show them who they messed with." Dipper paused.

"Wait, you mean...join...forces?" The boy knew Bill's offer was dangerous. Dipper's anger flared up inside of him. His family was pushing him aside. He felt alone. Abandoned. Neglected. Sure, he was all of these things, but he knew Bill's deal was not worth it.

"No." Dipper said with no emotion in his voice.

"What?!" Bill said, completely caught off guard.

"Nice try, Bill. I should have known last time we made a deal that you'd be up to no good. Look, man. I know I may be angry with my family right now, but this isn't worth my time." The boy finished.

"Okay, okay. I hear ya, kid. I can tell I'm not wanted here. But I'll have you know this isn't the last you'll see of me." And with that, Bill vanished.

Back in the nightmare realm, Bill talked to himself.

"You're smart, Pine Tree. I'm impressed. I guess you were clever enough to see through my deal, but now I will have to choose someone else...a new pawn for the game...someone...a bit more naive."

Bill turned around to survey his wheel of symbols. On the wheel, were eleven different symbols, an ice bag, a pair of glasses, a sewn broken heart, a shooting star, a llama, a six-fingered hand, a one-eyed star, a pine tree, a fez symbol, a pair of devil horns, and finally...

"Yes, of course. I'm coming for you, Yin Yang."