To trust or not to trust

"What!?" The boy said. "Star, no! We don't have time for thi-"

"And we won't go back to our dimension until we do!" She finished, interrupting the boy.

Stan finally was able to stand up and have hope. He was surprised and, at the same time, glad. The girl and boy were complete strangers, yet they still volunteered to help him. The boy sighed and gave in. How bad could this be anyway? He fought monsters before. He could handle this. On top of that, the portal had just given its last spark of life, shutting down. Too late to turn back now. The boy was given no choice, but to give in to Star's decision.

"Fine." He moaned.

The twins wiped off excess tears. Dipper couldn't watch this anymore. "Stop!" Dipper demanded loudly.

No way was he going to let these unknown kids, who just hopped out of a portal, help someone they didn't even know. Besides, they had no idea what they were getting involved in. For all they could know, the man could be a greedy, untrustworthy criminal - a super villan. Dipper couldn't even recognize him as the happy, forgiving, and pleasant gentleman - well, man - he was in the beginning of the summer. Everybody paid attention to the boy with the blue pine tree hat in the corner at the sound of his rigid, cold voice.

"Why would you help him?! All he cares about is himself!" Dipper couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. He suddenly found that everything was coming out all at once. "Don't even bother wasting your time! He knew this machine was dangerous. He doesn't deserve your help!"

"Dipper!" Stan scolded. His eyes expanded as he didn't want to believe his broken - hearted nephew, yelling out the worst possible things he could think of.

"What?!" Dipper fired back, facing his great uncle. "I'm not even sure I can trust you, anymore. I can't even believe this. If you didn't mean to hurt anyone, then why did you start this thing in the first place?" He asked, gesturing to the machine at his last sentence. 

Mabel cupped her ears closed, not wanting to hear her brother's tantrum. She couldn't stand to hear people fight. Seeing Dipper this cold - hearted made her want to scream and wail. She knew it was no use trying to get her old sibling back. He was already gone. This was his breaking point. Nothing was going to make him change his mind now.

Dipper's attitude reminded Stan of his own brother. They were both stubborn and lost their trust for him at some point. Stan tried to get closer to his nephew, but the boy was quick to his actions and stepped two steps backwards.

"Dipper, have you gone completely mad?" Stan questioned. "Why would you even think that?"

As Stan talked, Dipper faced the blonde and the boy in the sweater. He squinted and violently said, "Go ahead! Help him if you want! But when your job is done here, you're going to see how wrong you were!" And with that, Dipper left, through the basement door, up the elevator, and to the attic.

Stan rubbed his exhausted eyes with one hand and sighed. "Oh, Dipper. What happened to you?"

Stan spun around to see Mabel, the only kid he had left. Then he glanced over at the boy and girl. There was a slightly silent pause and then, "Star Butterfly and Marco Diaz, at your assistance, sir!" The blonde announced, saluting.