Hood Love: Chapter 5

Chapter 5| 

Nova's P.O.V

Kemo and I have been going strong for eight months now. Of course we argue sometimes but were in love. I think i'm ready to have his baby! My sister, Nakia is now nine months pregnant. Our parents have been understanding overall. Nakia's had counceling and she's making it through this. Sursprisingly, Ty has stepped up and beccame a good man. He and Nakia are dating even though he's 20 and Nakia just turned 17, but it's good for the baby. 

The whole family was in my parents backyard for a barbeque. I was so excited because this was, Kemo's chance to meet my parents. My dad approved of him. At first my daddy didn't like him because his pants was sagging a little bit, but once he talked to him they became the best of friends. My mother loved him. Now we were in the kitchen talking about him while he was helping my dad grill. 

"He's a keeper Nova. He really loves you. I can see it in his eyes." she said while drinking a cold glass of lemonade. 

I smiled and poured myself some lemonade. "I know momma. I really love him." I said as I took a sip of my lemonade. Just then Nakia came in. She was HUGE. "Hey sis." 

"Hey. Have you seen, Ty? He was supposed to be here by now." she said worriedly. 

"Naw. He's probably on his way. Stop stressing!" I said.

She smiled and went outside. 

"That girl is head over heel for that ugly bastard Ty." my mother said. She couldn't stand him. She and my father only put up with him because he was Nakia's baby daddy. "I just can't believe she slept with your ex!" 

I laughed. It didn't hurt my feelings that she slept with him. I was to in love with Kemo. 

Kemo's P.O.V.

"You know my daughter loves you!" Nova's dad said.

Me and Nova was at a barbeque and I was having fun so far. There were kids runnign around, adults palying cards, and young people haning out.

"I love her too sir. I hope to marry her soon." I said seriously. Yes, I was just that in love with Nova. I was ready to call her wifey. I loved EVERYTHING about her. The way she snorts when something is really funny, the way she plays with her hair when she's flirting, and the way she smiled. I loved her with all my heart. I'll admit I was sprung. 

'Hmm. How soon?" he said while flipping a burger. 

"I was planning on propsing to her on our nine month anniversary." I said nervously. 

"When is that?" he said. 

" In three weeks." I said. 

Next thing you know shoot rung out. Everyone screamed and ran in the house. I ran hurridley to the kitchen and made sure my bae was okay. She was fine, but she was scared. I could see it on her face. Who would shoot at a barbeque? 

Once everyone was in the house, Nakia's phone rang. 

"Hello?" she said then started crying hard. "NO. WHAT?! NO" 

Nova patted her back and asked her what was wrong.

"They --"

TO BE CONTINUED 

________---

Authors Note: 

How was this chapter? Please give me feedback. COMMENT AND VOTE PWEESSEEE .. Sorry fot any mistakes. 

- Author