Chapter Eight

Harry Styles feet lazily plodded along the cement as he walked down the street. People kept giving him strange looks as they passed by, their hands either full of shopping bags or their children’s hands as they ushered them past him. Harry’s green eyes watched them pass by in wonder, before there was a firm hand placed on his shoulder. He turned his face and looked into the brown eyes of Liam Payne, who was smiling at him.

“Harry…you do realise you’re naked, right?” Liam asked, before both boys finally looked down at Harry’s toned, yet skinny body, bare and in all its glory.

“Oh…I am.” Harry replied, with a slight shrug. For some reason, he didn’t really mind whether he was walking down the high street as he was, this was a dream after all, since Liam was here. The two boys walked a little down the high street, before Liam finally stopped him and turned him around.

“Li, why are you dressed?” Harry asked, as the world around them started to dissolve, and suddenly they were sat on a bench in a park. Harry looked around at his surroundings, the leaves on the trees not yet out, but tucked away in little green buds, ready for the spring sun’s kiss to awaken them.

“Why are you?” Liam asked with a light smirk, and Harry looked down to realise he was now in his normal clothing, tight black jeans with a navy tee. Harry once again nodded and shrugged. He’d shared a bottle of wine with his friend Nick before bed, that’s probably why his dream was a little out of the ordinary.

“So, ‘the fake date’.” Liam asked, looking at Harry with a knowing smile, and Harry looked at Liam in confusion. He’d had one or two dreams where Liam had popped up, and he was now getting used to his dead friends’ spontaneity.

“How do you know about that?” Harry quickly asked, his palms starting to feel clammy. How did Liam find out that it was a fake date? Only Harry and Hayley knew!

“Harry, I’m dead, I know about everything.” Liam answered with another smirk, and Harry nodded, his mouth once again forming an ‘o’. Well, maybe it was okay if Liam knew?

Harry then scoffed to himself, Liam was Zayn’s dead boyfriend, the last thing he needed to know was that after a drunken confession to Hayley about how much Harry wanted Zayn, she had forced him to ring Zayn up and boast about how he was going on a date, but the key fact of it was that it was a fake date, which would apparently make Zayn jealous, although Harry didn’t know if he was jealous since he thought Zayn sounded more annoyed that Harry was blowing off the invitation to hang out with him than anything else.    

“Well…what of it?” Harry asked, wondering why Liam had brought it up.

“I was just wondering why you’d want Zayn to know that you’ve been on a date? A fake one at that.” Liam chuckled, even though the smirk on his face told Harry that he already knew why Harry had told Zayn about the fake date.

“I don’t know…it was Hayley’s idea.” Harry mumbled with a slight shrug, still not really wanting Liam to know about how badly Harry had fallen for his boyfriend.

“Yes, but if it was Hayley’s idea to go running off a cliff would you do that too?” Liam then asked matter of factly, and Harry looked at him with one of his eyebrows raised above the other.

“Hmm, exactly. Now, why do you want to make my boyfriend so jealous?” Liam asked with a chuckle, his brown eyes still showing Harry that he knew everything already.

“It was Hayley’s idea!” Harry protested again, and Liam chuckled and looked over to the spring buds on the trees, and Harry knew that Liam already knew everything Harry did.

For a moment, the two boys sat in a silence, Harry’s emerald eyes either glancing at the spring birds or the boy next to him. The sun in the sky was setting even though it was still warm, the sky was splurged with pink and orange colours making Harry feel extremely peaceful. He ruffled up his hair, enjoying the silence when Liam cleared his throat from next to him.