Chapter Twelve

Niall Horan’s head was wrapped up in his arms, as the student sat on his desk, half asleep and drooling one of his many important assignments. He had been lightly snoring, due to the fact that he had written two whole essays in one day, but had passed out from being so tired on the third essay. He had been dreaming about being trapped in a pool with no way of getting out, and the water was getting deeper and deeper the more he struggled but he was quickly awoken when his phone blasting out a loud rock song. He jumped and fell from the small seat that he had been sat in, and fell onto the floor with a loud thud that he was sure the neighbours would have heard.

“Shit, the work, the work!” Niall quickly spoke when the pile of papers started to fall onto him, but as he tried to gather them altogether, which wasn’t easy since he was all fingers and thumbs, the vibrating phone fell from the desk and hit his head, causing him to let out another long groan. He rubbed his head with one hand before picking up his vibrating phone with the other hand.

“Huh, er, yeah? I mean, hello?” Niall spluttered out, his mind feeling all over the place as it kept revisiting the images of him splashing around helplessly in the pool.

“Niall, don’t worry, but there’s a situation.” Harry Styles’ voice came a little desperate, and Niall immediately stopped doing anything. Last time he heard something like that, his best friend had been killed after being hit by a car. Niall stayed quiet, immediately worrying, even though Harry had told him not too.

“It’s Zayn…one minute he was in the car then there was a traffic jam and he freaked out because of a dream and he told me he didn’t know where his feelings were for me but he like shot out of the car and ran away and I can’t do anything please Niall you’ve gotta help me! He’s running around London with one shoe!” Harry’s deep voice was the highest and most panicked that Niall had ever heard it at. Harry sounded so desperate and upset.

“Harry, stop, just breathe for a second.” Niall suddenly demanded, before standing up, not caring if he was treading n his work. He heard Harry start to breathe through the phone.

“Calm down, and then explain briefly what happened.” Niall told him, taking control of the situation. His newfound confidence seemed to surprise both boys, but soon enough Harry was a little calmer, and was explaining to Niall what had happened.

“Look, you focus on getting out of the traffic jam and then go back to your house. I will sort the others out, I’ll get Hayley to go to Zayn’s house, while the rest of us meet up. If Zayn didn’t go back to his, then I’ll get a search party going, but stay calm and focus on driving.” Niall told him, before he rushed to his wardrobe.

“O-okay Niall.” Harry mumbled, and Niall could feel how hopeless the boy felt just by his voice.

“Good, I’ve got my phone, you call me if you start to panic, but keep calm. We’ll sort this out.” Niall told the boy once again through the phone, before he ended the call. He shoved on his shoes and pulled a light jacket around himself, before he rushed out of his apartment.

“What do you mean, ran off?!” Hayley yelled down the phone, not caring that her neighbours would hear her, as she stood outside of her flat. She had a carrier bag full of food shopping in her left hand and a Chinese take away in the crook of her right elbow, while she tried to unlock her front door with her right hand, as her phone balanced between her ear and shoulder.

“He’s done a runner, he’s hysterical and has one shoe on or something, I don’t know, Louis just got this call from Niall and he’s bossing us all around, telling us what to do,” Eleanor repeated down the phone, and Hayley immediately frowned.