Chapter 1

Kat's POV

"Hey, you're on your way to your dad's right?" I asked into my cell phone as I opened up my car door. 

There was a sigh, "Yeah, I'll be there in fifteen." 

"Awesome," I laughed a bit, "See you soon." 

"See you soon, bae," I could hear her smile. 

We both hung up and I tossed my phone into the passenger seat. I looked in the backseat to make sure I had everything for our girls weekend in Chicago. I started up the ignition and backed out of the garage. Then shut the garage door before I left to go to her dad's house, where she's leaving her car for the weekend. 

I went in the front way of the neighborhood, remembering how to get to her dad's house through the maze. She thought my neighborhood was bad with the amount of streets, her's is ridiculous. I parked in front of her dad's house at the same time she just came around the back way corner and parked in the driveway. I unlocked my car to let her in. She tossed her bags in the back and got situated. 

"Ready for a much needed fun weekend?" I asked with a small smirk. 

She rolled her eyes, "More than ready." 

I laughed as I pulled up to make a U-turn and then made my way out of the neighborhood. I had her set up my GPS for our hotel in Chicago then we were on our way. Four hours. A four hour drive. Won't feel long though. I hope. 

------------------------

"Jen," I nudged her shoulder. She didn't wake up so I did it again. 

"What?" She groaned. 

I laughed a little, "Look to see what places there are to eat in the next twenty miles. I'm starving." 

She didn't reply as she sat back up and took the GPS to look. A few seconds later she said, "Okay... there's McDonalds, Wendy's, Subway, a few gas stations, TJS.." 

"Uhm... Wendy's cause I'm poor." 

That got Jen to laugh and she tapped it in then put the GPS back. I followed the directions to the Wendy's and went through the drivethru. After I placed my order I looked over at Jen, "You want anything?" 

She shrugged, "Just a grilled go wrap." 

"Alright," I nodded then spoke to the drivethru person, "And I'll also have one grilled go wrap." 

"That it?" The person asked back. 

"Yup," I popped the 'P'. 

I pulled around to pay the person at the first window then pulled up to get our food from the second window. Technically you shouldn't do this but I ate as I drove. We needed to keep going. At this rate we still won't get to the hotel until ten thirty tonight. 

We sang along to 'FOUR' by One Direction-- belting out 'No Control'. Even though I don't think I'm a great singer, Jen says I slay 'No Control'. Again, I beg to differ but so does she. 

After slaying through all the songs on 'FOUR' and making great harmony's I switched it to the best album made by The All-American Rejects ever, 'Move Along'. A few songs in, Jen went back to sleep. I continued driving through the night listening to 'It Ends Tonight' and then 'Dance Inside'. 

'Dance Inside' made it all the way into the city of Chicago. I just let Jen sleep all the way to the hotel. When I had us checked in, I walked back  out to my car to grab our stuff and I woke her up. She followed behind me sleepily as I carried our bags. We made it into our room and she crashed once again on her bed.