Chapter 21

Kat's POV

I came walking out into the living room with a sigh. I can't believe summer is already almost over. It doesn't seem real. I don't want to go back to school. I've considered just doing what Jen does, online classes. Although, I'm not so sure I'd be able to focus with these boys around.

"What's wrong, Kat?" Niall asked from the couch.

"Summer's almost over," I replied, plopping down next to him.

His arm wrapped around my arms and he pulled me to his shoulder. He kissed my head, "I know.. Have you thought about online?"

Niall's really pushing the online classes. Everyone is actually. Especially Jen too. Cause the next tour starts in like three months, she doesn't want to be left alone again.

I nodded, "Yeah... just not sure how much homework I'd actually get done."

Niall snickered, "That is not always my fault."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, okay."

"But, seriously, online classes?" Niall pushed.

"Niall," I laughed, "I told you I'm still thinking about it. You worry about the upcoming tour. I've got the looks for the first month figured out already." My phone began to buzz in my pocket and I pulled it out to see John's name. Oh boy.

I huffed but answered, "Hey, John."

"Hey, Kat. Modest! has some news for you!" He sounded oddly happy.

"What?" I snapped, already annoyed. I don't like John. No one does.

"You and Jen are moving to work with another band on their tour in the next week."

"Wait, what?" I shot to stand up and pace.

He cleared his throat, "Modest! is co-working with Hi or Hey Records and they want you to go work with Hey Violet on their first tour alone."

I shook my head, "No, that's not happening. We work for One Direction."

"No, you work for Modest! You work with whatever band they choose. So, it is happening. Inform Jen and come out to Modest! to get everything else. Tah-tah, Katie." He hung up.

All the anger inside me boiled up. I think I'm gonna ooze lava. I threw my phone hard and fast at the wall, causing a dent in the wall but not hurting my phone.

"Whoa!" Niall exclaimed, getting up from the couch to check the wall, "Katie, what is going on?"

"Modest! has reassigned Jen and I to go work with Hey Violet on their tour. That starts next week."

"What?" Niall scoffed. His eyebrows furrowed, "You work for us!"

I shook my head, "No, apparently we work for Modest! So whatever band they want us to work with, they can make us."

Niall shook my head as well, "No, no, this is not happening. The boys and I will fix it."

"How?" I snapped, feeling the angry tears well up. A horrific choking sound left me and Niall engulfed me in his strong arms, "How Niall?"

"Sshh," Niall caressed and kissed my head, "I just will. Not going down without a fight."

I turned to put face into his chest and cried even harder. "I love you," I muffled.

"I love you too."

----------------------------------------------------

Niall's POV