Chapter 22

Jen's POV

I sighed after I walked into the dressing room to see Kat scowling and she was resting a hand on her three month belly.
"Take that back," She growled in Louis' direction.
Dear Lord. I don't think Louis is ever going to learn.
"Well, you do have a thing one and thing two," Harry stated, walking over to rest a hand on her belly. This caused a slight pang in my chest. Am I jealous of the affection he gives Kat for her pregnancy? Hell yeah!
But, it's not like Niall and Kat meant to get pregnant. Heck, none of us are engaged yet or anything. We found out shortly after the whole Modest! escapade. And when the boys made a new company slash record label. KJ just co-works with them aka we work for them. Currently, if you're curious, they're close to outrunning Modest!. Actually, they're so close as of today. It took them three months to get where we're at while it took Modest!, where they're at, like ten years. One Direction can literally do anything they want.
"What did Louis say?" I asked, walking over to take Harry's hand and pull him to sit down on the couch with me.
"That I'm a fucking large walking football," Kat stated, some tears welling up in her eyes. She's been an emotional roller coaster since she really started growing a belly. Normally, if Louis had called her that, she would've said some snarky remark and smacked his arm.
Louis caved quick and he stood up to give her a hug, "Kat, you know I didn't mean it."
"Why is Lou hugging Kat?" Niall asked as he walked into the room.
"He called her a name, she almost started crying, and he caved, again," I filled him in.
"Oh," Niall snickered under his breath.
I glanced at my phone to see the time and quickly stood up, "Shit, Kat, it's time for us to go out. Boys, better be right behind us."
She groaned but proceeded to follow me out to the backstage. We have to introduce the boys for their show.
I looked back to see the boys were trudging behind us to the backstage. As soon as we're off, a little intro video plays, and then they make their entrance. I gripped my purple microphone and Katie held her green one.
Both of us took deep breaths, nodded at one another, then the doors opened for us to walk on.
"Hey everyone!" Kat greeted with a smile and waved to the screaming crowd.
"How is everyone this fine night?" I asked, receiving some legit answers from the floor seat people and, what to me sounded like, screams from the others.
I clapped my hands, "Alright! Well, I know you didn't come to see us-"
"You don't know that," Katie scowled.
I smirked, "I'm pretty sure, Kat. Anyways, we got One Direction in the back! Can you boys say hello?"
All of them chorused their own hellos, causing multiple screams.
I laughed into the microphone, "They are here and super excited to perform for you tonight! Personally, Minneapolis, you are one of our favorite stops of the Favorite Memories tour! Get ready to sing down memory lane with X-Factor songs, ones that they never performed, and of course, our favorites!"
"We proudly present and introduce, One Direction!" Katie yelled into the microphone and we turned around to jog off stage as the intro video played and the screams rolled. When we got off, the boys were already lined up and Niall had his white guitar ready to play 'Chasing Cars'.
"Good luck," Katie kissed Niall on the cheek.
When she went to keep walking, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back in for a kiss, "I love you. Stay by the side?"
Katie blushed a bit then a small smirk crossed her lips, "Of course, Horan. I love you too."
Harry smirked in my direction and I stepped towards him. He slid his arms around to my back and kissed me, "I love you, J."
"I love you, H," I smiled then pulled back and stepped over to be by Kat and Sam.
We watched the doors open once again and the boys went out onto the stage.

***************

My heart began to thump in my chest when I heard the band start playing the music for 'Gotta Be You'. One of my favorites off their first album Up All Night. I smiled crossed my face as I heard Harry going straight into the high notes and not missing a single beat of it.
We did have to modify it a bit though since not all of them can sing as high as they used to. They're getting there but we kept it an octave lower so they wouldn't strain their voices.
Katie came next to me and started swaying back and forth, singing along to the words.
I snickered under my breath, "You're such a noob, Kat."
"I know," She replied and continued on with her show.
When the boys ended the song, Harry said into his mic, "Can our girls come out onto stage?"
"What did I miss?" I suddenly heard Maddy ask beside me.
I jumped a bit and looked at her like she'd gone crazy, "Don't do that!"
"The boys just asked us to come out on stage," Katie informed her with a roll of eye.
Yeah, I didn't answer her question but she really scared the shit out of me.
All of us walked out onto the stage, a bit confused. At least I was. I didn't know we were going to be getting called out onto the stage. At all.
Each of our boys walked over to us, taking our hands.
"We would like to dedicate that song to you," Harry stated into his mic.
There was a mixture of awws and, of course, screams.
"There's something else we'd like to do," Niall added, getting down on one knee in front of Katie. My whole jaw dropped then there was a clear of throat. I looked over to see Harry had gone down on one knee as well and Louis with Maddy and Liam with Sam. What is going on?
At the same time, all of them pulled out little black boxes.
"Holy fuck!" Katie exclaimed, "Are you fucking serious, Niall? You better not be fucking with me!"
"Katie!" I scolded and pointed to the crowd.
"They can't hear me anyways," She remarked.
Niall was just laughing it up as he shook his head then he cleared his throat, "No, I'm not kidding. I knew from the first day I saw you, I wanted to marry you. I don't see my future with anyone else. Will you marry me?"
A huge idiotic grin displayed on Katie's face as she bit her lip, tears brimming her eyes, and she nodded, a small cry leaving her, "Of course, Niall!"
Niall was beaming as he put the ring on her finger then he stood up to give her a kiss.
I looked back at Harry, who was looking at me intently still holding the little box; which was now open to reveal the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen in my life.
"Har-"
"Jen, sshh, let me talk. I wasn't sure what I was looking for in life. And I sure didn't know who I was looking for in life but when I met you, it all puzzled together. No, you're not perfect but a perfect girl doesn't exist. I just want you and only you. I love you, J. Will you marry me?"
I couldn't get any words out. Only a weird small squeaking sound left the bottom of my throat.
"Is that a yes?" Harry furrowed a brow.
Katie leaned over, "Yes."
A huge grin crossed Harry's perfect lips as he slid the ring on my finger. Then he pulled me down onto his knee and kissed me.
Cheers erupted in the crowd and backstage. I smiled into his lips then pulled back to overlook everyone else.
We're all engaged. At the same time. But, I know, we're not going to get married at the same time.