Chapter 11

Kat's POV
My heart thumped in my chest and pounded in my ears. The song he chose, though its not his words, is about me. Practically saying it's my fault. The burning passion in my body simmered a bit at the soft flow of his voice. His beautiful voice that can always make me feel better, make my heart flutter, make me wanna scream out, make me die and come back to life, and can make me cry happy tears.

With each step I took, I got closer to the stage. The little kids danced around me to his song even though it's not exactly a peppy song. Niall stood there unmoving after he finished. Despite the slight anger I felt, the tears welled up.

Finally, I blurted, "It wasn't my fault."

He didn't say anything as he stormed off the stage and out the back door into one of the many hallways here. He seems to be really good at just storming off. My mind screamed to go after him, so I did.

I pulled off my heels and ran with them in my hands. I pushed through the doors and yelled, "Niall!" The first tear slipped down and I wiped it away.

"Yeah?" His Irish voice cut through me.

He was leaning against the wall to my right, legs crossed, and hands in pockets.

"It wasn't my fault," I mumbled as I walked to him, making sure not to get too close. "Modest! forced it. And I did have some feelings for Luke... Not as much as I have for you though."

He lifted his head to look at me, tears brimming his eyes, "I'm sorry, Kat, for screwing up. My emotions got the best of me and all I want is you."

"Well, you can have me... I'm here."

In one movement, I was in his embrace and his lips were on mine. I dropped my heels to the floor and wrapped my arms around his neck. I let him deepen it, making it more passionate and my knees weak. Now, his lips feel right.

He pulled away and I whispered, "You are my first kiss."

A sly smirk crossed his face, "Good. How'd I do?"

"Not too bad, Horan," I smirked.

He chuckled, "Before we go back. I have one question."

I raised a brow, "Yeah?"

"Be my girlfriend?" He whispered, his lips getting close to mine again.

"Of course," I whispered and closed the gap for a moment. I reached up and wiped my thumbs underneath his beautiful blue eyes to take away the wetness. His eyes were shining-- something I haven't seen in a while.

He reached one thumb up to wipe underneath my eyes, "I really am sorry Katie. It shouldn't have turned out this way."

I shook my head, "Niall, it doesn't matter, it's the past. What matters, is now. We're together. It's gonna be okay."

"But, you have to go back to school."

"I know.." I trailed, "But, there is Skype calls and I'll be visiting for more shows. And I don't go back for a couple more days."

A smile crossed his face, "Of course."

I couldn't help smiling then it faded again, "Shit. What about Modest!? And I didn't factor in that I do work for you. Isn't that going to cause something?"

"Dont worry," He shook his head, "I'll take care of it."

"Okay," I kissed him once more.

Niall held my hand as I slipped back into my nude pumps and we walked back out to the ballroom, hand in hand. Everyone looked at us, smiles crossing their faces, and they nodded.