Chapter 4

Jen's POV
After signing the papers, we all went back to the boys' hotel. And basically,  just talked and gave them more general information. 
"So, wait, you have to go back to school?" Niall asked, pointing a finger at Kat.
She nodded, "Yeah, in Iowa. Its so I can complete my degree for all of this. Technically, I shouldn't have been signed."
A small smile crossed his face, "Modest! makes exceptions for talent. But why don't you do what Jen is?"
"Uhm.. Cause I'm kinda already enrolled and they have a really great program. Don't worry, I start in September. "
"Oh," I could literally see him let out a breath. Oh boy.
"And like we mentioned before, we can Skype and she'll send everything," I inserted to keep the conversation going.
"Good, good," Liam nodded.
Louis rested a hand on Kat's shoulder, "I hope you can go to a few shows though. It just wouldn't seem right."
She smirked, "Of course. "
Niall whisked Kat up into the air, "Yes!"
"Hey! Put me down hot Irish asshole."
Niall set her down then his eyebrows furrowed, "Did you say hot Irish asshole?"
"What? No," she snapped, "That would be absurd. I said Irish asshole."
"Okay…" A small smirk forming on his lips.
I shot them a weird look, "Alright, I don't know what just happened, but I'm gonna leave now."
Kat jumped in, "What? No, you can't. Im your ride."
"I can walk," I shrugged. 
"Wait," Kat smacked her forehead, "We're supposed to head home tonight."
"What're you talking about?" Harry's eyebrows furrowed. 
"Yeah," Niall agreed. 
"We don't live here," Kat stated. 
"Our apartment is in Iowa," I added. 
Liam shook his head, "Loves, you travel with us now."
Kat and I exchanged looks then pointed fingers at them, "Yes?"
All of them chorused in chuckles.
"You girls crack me up," Louis commented.
"But what about our clothes?" Kat asked. 
I nodded, "Yeah, I be lookin like a hobo."
Liam replied, "Modest! buys you a whole new wardrobe."
My mouth dropped, "I can have anything I want?"
"I could have ten pairs of black skinnies and any plaid shirt I want in the world?" Kat added.
Harry and Niall looked at each other before smirking slightly and pointing fingers at us, "Yes."
"Okay but we really do need to go home.  We gotta quit our jobs. We'll meet up with you in three days," I stated. 
Louis pointed a "serious" finger at us, "Three days is all you got. I'll be counting the hours."
Kat laughed a bit, "I think we'll manage."
As we left the boys called out for us. Kept saying not to leave.
"Don't go," Liam begged. 
Harry added, "Please don't."
"Without you, we don't know where to go," Niall stated. 
Kat and I whipped around, "Then stay here. We'll be back in three days."
I added, "With a new plan."
"Yeah," Kat agreed, "Don't worry. We got dis."
Right then, we turned around and left.
**********
We huff as we set our bags down on the bed. We finally shoved the boys out of our room; well more like Katie pushed them out. Since we arrived back in Chicago, the boys haven't left us alone.
Kat threw her duffel on the bed, "Okay, I'm getting ready for bed."
"Me too," I sighed. 
Kat changed into her oversized grey Star wars shirt. 
"Is that all you're wearing?" I pointed at her. 
"Yeah," a sly smirk crossed her face.
I tried not to laugh as I changed into my pjs. From there, we laid in our separate beds, talked, and laughed. At some point, I felt something weird in my One Direction covered pillow. I stuck my hand in the pillow and pulled out a black cord. 
"Oh, my phone charger."
I leaned back a bit almost falling off the bed, "Oh shit!"
Katie burst out laughing, "You okay, Jen?"
"Yeah."
"Is everything alright in there?" I heard a deep British voice ask from the other side of our door.
"Yeah, you're making quite the ruckus," An Irish voice added. 
"Yeah," I replied.
Katie laughed, "We're fine. Go to bed,  Horan."
I laughed really hard at what she said.
"Are you sure you're fine?" The two asked.
"Yes!" We replied.
"Go to bed," I stated.
There wasn't an answer and I had a feeling they were still out there. Katie huffed and got up to go to the door; in only that shirt.
"Go to bed," she stated sternly.
"Uh..." I could hear Niall trail.
I couldn't help from peaking. He looked stupid as a doorknob standing there with his mouth wide open. It was obvious he was checking her out too.
"Harry, do something about your Irish lad there," I ordered a bit.
He chuckled, "Jen, do something about your blonde American friend here."
"Touche."
"Alright, Niall, let's go," Harry tugged on his arm, towards their room.
"Kat, shut the door," I stated.
I know she's smirking as she shut the door. It was definitely presented on her face as she walked to her bed.
"Damn, you're gonna have no virginity at the end of this tour."
Kat shrugged, "No harm in teasing."
"Uh," I shot her a look, "Yeah until he can't handle it anymore. What're you gonna do then?"
She tapped her chin, "Hmm... have sex with Niall Horan? Not too shabby."
"Go to bed, Kat," I laughed.
*********
We're not ready for tonight.
I rifled through Katie's sketch book to find tonight's looks.
"What're you doing?" Kat snapped lightly.
"What are they wearing?" I snapped back, slamming down some of the papers in my hands.
She rolled her eyes, "Don't worry. I have it taken care of. You worry about the technicians."
I huffed, running my fingers through my short ponytail, "Okay."
I headed back out to the main stage area where the boys were rehearsing on stage. Well, not really rehearsing. Niall was laughing as he played the guitar. Louis was chasing Liam with a small water gun. Harry just stood there, swaying back and forth.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" I raised my eyebrows, "I leave for five minutes and you're already off track?" I circle my finger in the air, "Try it again and no screwing around."
"Don't make me get my water gun," Katie called in the background.
I crossed my arms with a smirk, "She's not kidding. She has one. Its huge and shoots far."
All of the boys started laughing, hard.
"Katie! I can't take this anymore!"
"Alright, Katiebabes got dis," Katie walked up with her water gun and rested it on her shoulder, "Back to work, boys. You piss her off, you piss me off. You don't wanna piss me off." She pointed the water gun in their direction and shockingly, their faces turned a little bit scared. Good.
Katie held her hand out, "And Louis, toss the gun over."
He rolled his eyes but tossed it to her. She shoved it into her back pocket and resumed getting the boys back to rehearsing. She actually had to shoot a few times at Louis and Harry. Their clothes were practically soaked.
"Oh my god!" I threw my hands up. "Okay, we're done." I looked over at Kat, "Can we just get them in their clothes now?"
She nodded and hopped up on the stage. "Boys! Clothes change. Go! Single file line please. Let's not make this harder than it needs to be."
Niall handed his guitar up to a stage hand and got pushed by Louis toward back stage. I followed behind them frustrated out of my mind. I plopped down on one of the chairs.
"What's with you?" Kat asked as she handed clothes to Harry and sent him around the corner to change.
"How am I going to handle all of this after you leave?"
"Can we not talk about that, Jen!" Harry commented.
"Harry!" Kat snapped. "You don't get to talk until you're dressed." She looked at me, "You'll be fine. You're the best at this, remember?"
"Yeah." I sighed. "I know. They're just a handful."
Harry walked out dressed in his white tee, black skinnies, and American flag suede boots.
"Solid!" I chuckled and high-fived Kat.
Kat called, "Horan, you're next!"
Harry and Niall walked passed each other, bumping shoulders. She rolled her eyes and she handed off his outfit to him. Without a word, he walked around the corner to change.
Kat leaned over and whispered, "I'll leave you my water gun."
"I don't even know to use it. I feel like I'll break it."
Niall stepped back around the corner wearing his navy blue tee, a pair of black skinnies, and black Nikes.
One of my favorite outfits of Niall's.
I shot a look at her, "Really, Kat?"
She snickered, "It wasn't for you."
She clapped her hands, "Tell Louis its his turn."
"We're not kids," Niall muttered. 
Katie crossed her arms,  "If you lots are gonna act like kids then I'm gonna treat you like kids. Now, tell Louis."
As he walked away, I heard him mumble, "I thought having you guys meant we'd have fun. "
"Oh, you just wait," Katie winked.
Louis came walking in and pointed a finger at Kat, "You know, love, having you here means I have to try harder with my sass."
"Keep trying then," Katie responded handing him his outfit.
He laughed under his breath and walked away to change. He came back a moment later wearing his black 'Adiddas' cutoff shirt, black skinnies, and mostly white with black stripe Adiddas shoes.
Liam walks right in as Louis walked out. He walked over, took the clothes from Kat, and walked back to change.
I looked at Kat, "He might be our best one."
"We heard that!" The other three shouted.
I smirked, "You were supposed to."
"Work on it," Katie added.
A minute later our last one came out wearing his white tee, mostly red with light blue and white plaid shirt tied around his waist, dark wash jeans, and combats.
Katie clapped her hands, "Yas, you got my little note of what to do with the plaid shirt."
"I don't know how I could miss it. It was in all caps," Liam replied with a chuckle. Then he walked away to join the others.
Kat ran after them, "I have to do your hair! Don't go anywhere!"
I shook my head and mumbled, "Oh my God."
*************
In the distance I could see a skinny, more on the pale side, curly haired redhead walk in; no pass. My eyebrows furrowed and I approached her.
"Hi, honey, What're you doing back here? Are you lost? What's your name?"
She twirled part of one of her curls, "I'm Maddy, Louis' girlfriend, and yes, I am slightly lost."
Oh, she has a British accent. I tried not to show the shock I felt, "How long have you, two, been dating?"
She made a small laugh, "For a while. We're old friends and after he came back that first year, he asked me out."
"Oh," Now I couldn't help but show my shock, "Okay, well I'll show you to the back room."
"Wait, so, who are you?" She questioned as we walked.
"I'm Jen, the new tour manager, and this," we walked into the dressing room to find Kat wrestling with Niall to quiff his hair, "is Kat, the new designer."
Niall was laughing and Kat was hard core muttering words under breath, mostly profanities. We stood there and watched the scene unravel. Eventually, Kat had him in a headlock, his arm also in the mix, doing his hair.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" Niall rolled his eyes.
"Niall, this is day two of this crap, you should know by now she's not gonna take your shit," I answered.
"Yeah," Kat scoffed, "I have two older brothers. This is not difficult anymore." A few seconds later she said, "There, just needs to be hairsprayed."
"Aren't you gonna let me go so you can grab it?" Niall cocks a brow.
She laughed, "No, cause you'll run away. Jen get the hairspray and hairspray his hair."
I did as she said, doing extra knowing it'd piss him off. Finally, Kat let go and Niall jumped to get away from her; face planting on the floor.
Kat snickered, "That was smart. Good thing she did extra hairspray."
"Shut up," Niall muttered getting up off the floor and sat down on the couch beside Liam, who was completely ready.
"Who's left?" I asked looking at Katie.
"No one."
"Okay."
Louis came out of the bathroom and his face brightened up, "Maddy! You're here, love."
He walked over to her and engulfed her in a hug. Then he pecked her on the cheek.
"Well, duh, Louis. You asked me to come on tour," She replied, giving him a kiss on the cheek.
Suddenly, they were pushed aside and four other boys walked into the room. The four boys that make up 5 Seconds of Summer.
"Ey!" Niall jumped up off the couch to give them hugs, "What're you doing here?"
"What are the Aussies doing here?" Louis exclaimed.
The boys looked at me.
"How did you accomplish this?" Liam asked.
I shrugged, "I called them up and just asked them if they were free."
"And they voluntarily came?" Harry asked.
I nodded. "Yes okay, so 5SOS you're on at 730. Boys, you're on at 9. And I beg of all of you, please don't be late on stage."
I huffed and left the room to check on last minute lighting changes.
As I made my way back to the dressing room, I noticed Kat was pushing the 5SOS boys toward the stage. "You guys don't listen well do you?"
"Ya know, I feel like this is Jen's job anyway." Luke countered.
"Well Jen is making sure the audience will see you, so I guess you're stuck with me."
I chuckled.
"Go!" She yelled at them.
I finally caught up to where she was. "Hey. Thanks for that."
"Of course, bae. Someone has to do it. You know the other boys would have let them be late."
"True." I laughed.
We soon heard 5SOS begin their set.
"I think it's another successful night, Kat." I nudged her arm.
"I think you're right, Jen. I knew we got this."