Chapter 14

I know my chapters aren't that long. I make them about 500 words so sorry.

{after school}
Shadow's POV
I walk down the block heading towards Mina's house in my fanciest tux and the biggest bouquet of flowers i saw. Mina's house is pretty secluded in the forest so I have a while. And if anyone sees me they'll know that Vanilla confiscated my emerald because I 'fought' with Mina and she wanted me to apologize as soon as I got home. So now I'm stuck walking like a mile to Mina's house in a constricting tux with a big bouquet of flowers for a girl I don't really like. Ugh.

???'s POV

1)"So your finally here to greet me. And my invitation was a call from a superior. Congrats. What you get yourself into this time?"

2)"Hmph. Just so you know I didn't need you here."

1)"It seemed like you did considering you didn't say anything to me when you left."

2)"Why would I say anything if I knew you were going to follow me."

1)"Maybe because then I wouldn't freak out about you missing or worry if your dead or if they had you."

2)"Do you really think I'd succumb to the like of those monsters?"

As they were talking, with one of them leaning against a tree and the other with her hands on her hips. They didn't notice two minor details. 1) someone was listening
2) something was listening and lurking
A rustle in the trees and a snap of a twig. The two figures pull out their weapons lighting fast to be able to fend off the darkness of the creatures around them.

1) "if I knew it was this bad I would've come sooner"

2) "how'd you know if even I didn't know it was as bad as this?"

Back to back the figures stand their ground.

Shadow's POV

I hide behind a tree listening to two figures hidden by the shade of the trees. Their conversation was... Interesting. But when they pulled weapons of metal stuff out of thin air, that's when you know that shits going down. They stood back to back while their weapons illuminating them a little bit but not enough to where I could see their faces. They tensed up, but there was nothing around them... Or so I thought. As if on Que both figures jump off and went deeper into the woods both skillfully dodging low and high branches even leaves that were falling to the ground. Soon they disappeared into the forest and I was left alone, unable to explain to myself what they had said. I decided to put it off until I know more about this whatever it was.

I started to walk to Mina's house again. I walked past the trees and shrubs of the forest path. The only way to get to Mina's house is through the forest! I can't believe that Vanilla and my friends were making me do this. I'm practically sweating through my shirt.

After half an hour, I arrive at Mina's Mansion, drenched in sweat since that past 20 minutes was all up hill. I panted on the steps of the house until I had caught my breath. I took and deep breath in, and exhaled slowly out. I knocked three times...

*knock knock knock*