~9~

"You - you saved us?" I ask the person that said that. "But we were rescued by an animal."

     "You don't see the resemblance?"

     I do, actually. His skin is that same tan as the animals fur. Its that boy. Calvin, I think his name was. The one we saw first entering the building. The darker spots make up his jet black hair. And his eyes, complete opposite of Gavin's bright blue eyes. A dark, mysterious brown. Yet, somehow convincing anyone to trust them.

     Look at me, I'm acting like such.. such a girl! No time for this. Be serious.

     "You were the one that helped us!"

     "That's what I was saying." He walks up to us, he shoots me a smile.

      I cannot lie about this one. He's very attractive. Very. And Gavin has slight jealousy written across his face. I must be showing my attraction of this boy, he sees it and manipulates it. Shooting me looks that make me want to throw myself at him.

     "So, where you going?" asks Calvin.

     "Somewhere. Preferably where you aren't." Gavin says rudely. He starts to walk away but I grab his shoulder, "Are you coming or not, Haley?"

     "Yes. But not without, er, Calvin."

     "Thanks," Calvin says interrupting us, "Haley."

     "Why do we have to bring him?"

     "He saved us. He's obviously one of us. He'll know some stuff."

     "He could know everything about everything, I don't like him."

     "Why?"

     "I don't... trust him."

     "With what?"

     "Around you." He says not having enough courage to say it looking me in the eye. Typical move, "I'm sorry okay?"

     "Apologize if you want. But he's coming with us." I motion for him to walk in front of us. He takes lead and just follows the sun. We don't question the direction he's going, as long as we're making distance between us and that city, highway, and worst of all the building.

     I walk behind me Calvin, then Gavin behind me. "So how'd you end up here?" I ask breaking a building silence.

     I've always had a fear silence. Whenever I try to explain it to someone they think I'm crazy. The silence holds things that are so terrifying and unexplainable for me. I hear voices, telling me to do things I shouldn't do. I don't have a disorder or anything like that. It's just in my head. Do I imagine these things? Dad took me to a doctor once, they didn't

     Find a thing wrong.

     Lots of moments are silent, I know that. But I try to create even the smallest of sounds to fill it. During test at school I tap my foot. Ignoring the never ending comments from my cranky teacher. Or whistling at the most silent times, to push the voices away.

     "Yo? Earth to Haley?" Someone says, not sure which one.

     "Oh sorry. We were being followed. And we thought we would you know, get some information on them. What about you?"

     "They saw me somewhere, and talked to me." He starts to say cutting away at some of the bushes ahead, "They saw my strength and gave me a deal of some sort. I don't know what they did to convince me..."

     He goes on taking for a bit. He was born in New York, New York with one younger sister. He hasn't seen her or her mother in ten years. He is 17. I don't bother to ask why his eyes are like the way they are. I can't be one to talk about strange eyes.