~16~

It comes off as a death threat to me at first, but I just dish it aside. I'm here with a fake name. Correct? The only thing I've got to worry about is how I should show my gift. It would be a dead giveaway if I showed up with purple glows and showed them my true colors. Hah, true colors.

"Anyways, would you like to see the rest of the building?"

"Fine,"

"You know, we usually don't show the newbies the rest of the place before their test. If they are sent to be killed, they'd just look at all the stuff they miss out on." She smiles, and I make sure she isn't in physical contact with me.

That was horrible right there. If I knew I wouldn't get caught, I would've killed her right that very second. Shot her, stabbed her, drowned her in a strange purple glow. "Oh." Is the only thing I can think of that wouldn't require a censor button.

"But, I've got a feeling you won't be killed. What's your gift anyways?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I tell her. She gives me the evil side glance. I kind of toss her one back to add to the flame. She ignores it, acting like our little fight didn't just happen. Overly sensitive - she grabs my hand and instantly I stop thinking what I was going to say, or think or whatever!

"Over here," she walks me over to a giant glass window that's looking down over a room. It's a little bit bigger than the cafeteria. Wonder what it could be, "this is the training room."

"Why do we need training?"

"We here, are big on fitness. No way are we going to keep a bunch of fat muta - not sure. Let's continue the tour." We leave the glass window, and we continue down the hall.

She puts in another pin number to open a door, but this door is an elevator. It opens in front of me, so I enter first. "Where are we going now?" I ask wanting to push the button.

"The dorms. Where you people sleep."

"Oh? So we don't sleep in cells with nothing but toilets and metal beds?"

"Only if you're acting bad or need extra supervision. I suggest not misbehaving." She gives a weird smile, that anyone can tell is supposed to be sarcastic. I really, hate her. And I don't care if she can hear my thoughts, though she isn't. Darn, I wanted her to hear me say that in my head. So I could scream in her face to get some business. Oh! And just take her out of this life right here in the elevator. Get a purple veil and shove it down her throat. Maybe shank her with her pen a few times?

No, that's not harsh enough. The evelavtor opens again, I'm looking down another large hall with silver walls. In this hall are some doors. Each one marked with a certain number. "How do I know which one is mine?"

"Let me see your neck?" I tilt it where the numbers are. "Okay. Two more doors down. I'll meet you at dinner." She walks away clicking her black heals.

You got away this time.

I walk two doors down as she told me to do. I find a door with the same number as me. The little card she gave me slips into easily making a click to signify it's unlocked.

When the door swings open, I become a little disappointed. Everything else was so, so, amazing! And this is just a room, with a small bunk bed. Why would the rooms look nice? This is basically a prison!

The top bunk is already taken, so I just take the bottom. The other person must've left already.

There's a small window. Being the curious person I am, I look through it. Lucky me! I get a great view of the forest from here. They must feed us really late, because it's already night time. The moon shines eerily over the tops of swaying trees. In the forest one can see nothing but darkness, who knows what could be lurking in there?