3: Conversations

Eridans POV:

"So are you barely started gettin' them? The flashbacks of the game?"

"YEAH.. AROUND THE TIME SOLLUX WOKE UP.. I ONLY TOLD NEPETA, SOLLUX AND KANAYA ABOUT IT.."

Nepeta sighed, "The only bad thing about it is that Karkitty is only having flashbacks of the bad memories we all had.. He.. Earlier.. He said he saw what happened to-"

"NEPETA DONT.. I DONT WANT TO GET THE IMAGE IN MY HEAD AGAIN.."

"It's a punishment..." I mumbled.

"WHAT?"

"That night wwhen wwe wwere runnin' to the hospital.. I wwas stopped by a man.. He said evverythin' that's been happenin' to us is a punishment for the game.. Beatin' the Condescension, Lord English, and those Jacks all had to come wwith a price.. That's wwhy Nep lost her tail and horns.. She lovves being a 'feline' so she lost the features that made her wwho she wwas. Equius and his strength? Kanaya's skin for some odd reason? WWhy Sol can't remember.. But, it's also my punishment.. He can't remember me..."

"BUT PEOPLE GAINED THINGS TOO. LIKE DAVE WAS ABLE TO SEE AND SPEAK WITH THE 'DEAD' LIKE HOW ARADIA USED TO."

"I still don't understand that part.. Wwe probably never wwill.."

"But what about Rose? She's-"
"WWe don't knoww that for shore Nep. She's only in serious pain for noww in those areas.."

"UGH.. ANYWAYS.. YOU SAID YOU HAD SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT SOLLUX?"

"Oh.. Um.." I looked down, twiddling my thumbs. I felt tears come to my eyes. "He.. Um.. Said he has a flush crush.. On you, Kar.."

"W-WHOA.. ARE YOU SERIOUS?"
"Aw.. Purr Eridan.. Here." Nepeta handed me a tissue.

"Thanks Nep.." I blew into it.

I had told Karkat and Nepeta about what Sollux had told me on the 14th of February.

"HOW COME YOU WAITED SO LONG TO TELL US WHAT HE SAID?"

"I don't reely knoww Kar.. It just.. Wwas a shock to me, and I just had to take a wwhile before I told you.. I figured since it wwas VValentines day, he might havve told you somefin.. I guess not.." I sighed.

"What do we do? I've been talking to Kanaya and she said there hasn't been anything mew furrom Pawlluxs meetings with her. Maybe he-"

"NEPETA, DONT SAY THAT. WE DONT KNOW THAT YET."

"But we have to consider the pawsibilities  no matter what.. What if he really can't remember the past anymoar?"

We all sat in silence for a few seconds.
I sighed and stood up, "Then I guess I should stop tryin'. He's obvviously nevver goin' to remember anythin' else than wwhat he has picked up. Im tired of tryin' to find wways to get him to like me again, wwhen in the end... I'm only pushin' him awway.."

"ERIDAN-"
"You don't need to say anythin' Kar. It's fine." I hugged and thanked the both of them for helping me, but it was time to face the facts.

Sol wasn't going to remember.

I walked out of their house and walked back to my own, with Cronus.
I hate living with him, but I understand why they all made me come here.

I walked inside- OH GROSS.

"Cro! If you're gonna be makin' out with Kankri, please do it in your fuckin room and not on the couch! Jeez!"

Sollux's POV:

"Hello?"

"SOLLUX GET YOUR ASS HOME RIGHT NOW. WE HAVE TO TALK."