20: Epilog

AN: Apparently that's how to spell Epilogue the American way, but it looks weird to me. Anyways, thank you guys for this long journey and for staying 'by my side'. I love all the support you have given me and I can't wait to write more for you all. Enjoy. 

"I can't believe it was that song the whole time that triggered his memories to come back." Dave smiled and looked towards the couch, Eridan and Sollux were sitting close together. They smiled, hugged, kissed more, and just talked. 

"Man, if we would've known that, this whole problem would've been solved ages ago." John laughed. "I'm just surprised that Eridan learned the song." 

"I think I helped with that." Kanaya walked up to them, 'Back when the song was first played, I recorded it on my phone. I showed it to Eridan a while back, and he was determined to learn it. I guess he was always planning to perform it one day." 

"Is Eridan still leaving?" Karkat frowned. 

Kanay shook her head, "I think we all know that he isn't. All he's ever wanted is for Sollux to remember what they had together. Look at them now. Have you ever seen Eridan so happy that he starts to cry? This is everything he ever wanted. For years." 

"That's true." Dave nodded, "I just can't believe after everything, Sollux remembered at that moment. Right before he was going to leave us again. It seems like a miracle." 

"You can say that again!" Gamzee walked over, with Tavros at his side, "This means we're never gonna have Eri-bro leave us again!" 

Nepeta smiled, "I guess I should redraw them on my shipping wall." She giggled, "This is a ship that will never sink again!" 

Everyone inside began to have a good time, and the mood lifted. Eridan and Sollux stayed by each other's side the entire night, and went home together. They laid in bed, are tightly wrapped around each other. 

"Hey Eridan?"

"Yeah Sol?"

"I'm glad you're the one that made me remember..." He looked down at him, then kissed his forehead, "I couldn't have thought of anyone better to make me remember how much I love you..." 

Eridan's face turned violet and pushed his face into Sollux's chest, "Stop it, ya' big goof." He smiled to himself, "Starting tomorrow, we have to make up for all that time we missed together."

"I couldn't agree more. By the way, I started another journal. Promise you won't go through my stuff and snoop through it again?" Sollux laughed. 

"I won't make any promises." He smirked. 

"Haha." Sollux pulled up the blanket over the two of them. He closed his eyes, beginning to fall asleep with Eridan. "Hey..." 

"What?" Eridan mumbled, sleepily. 

"I love you." 

Eridan couldn't help but smile, "I love you too." 

~THE END~