12: Performance

"Sollux.. Rose Wants To Speak To You.." Kanaya waited at the door of the stairs. I nodded and stood up.

Kanaya called everyone over. Rose had been to the doctors so many times, but finally... They said she wasn't going to make it.

The pain is too much too handle, and her body isn't taking new adjustments so well..

I followed Kanaya up the stairs into Rose's room, where she laid in bed. Of course, her skin was pale, close to grey and horns were coming out of her head. She was turning into a troll.

She smiled happily when she saw me, and tried sitting up.

"No No.. Remember What The Doctor Said.. Don't Move So Much.."

Rose winced in pain, "I'm fine Kanaya.."

I walked closer and sat on a chair beside her bed. "Hey Rose."

"Kanaya has been telling me a great deal about everything since I can't be a part of it.." She grabbed my hand. "I'm sorry about Eridan.. And, your memory.. But I promise, things will work out just fine in the future.. Can you make me a promise Sollux?"

"O-Of course, anything.."

She smiled weakly, "Don't be afraid to go after what you want.. And don't give up on him.. The others might have, but you can't.. Do you understand..?"

I took a moment to process what she said before slowly nodding.
She patted my arm. "Good. I promise everything will be okay.."

Rose passed away the next day..

~•~

"Kanayaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Nepeta ran into the backyard.

It's been almost two years  since seeing Eridan in Derse and Rose's passing.

Nobody really talks about Eridan anymore, except for my therapy(still not doing shit), and my occasional conversations with Nepeta..
Everyone talked about Rose though, and cheered up Kanaya over time..

We were having yet another tea party. This time, in Nepeta's backyard.
She had invited Kanaya, Karkat, John, Dave and I.

Kanaya gently set down her tea cup. "What Is It Dear?"

"The tickets just came in the mail!!" She squealed delightedly.

"Tickets?" Dave set down his tea cup, which was filled with apple juice. "Tickets for what?"

"A concert!!" Nepeta showed them to us.

Karkat laughed, "It doesn't even say whose performing though.."

"Exactly! You know that famous singer who like, nefur releases music videos or his face? This is him!!! This is his first concert efur and the only one! Luckily I got VIP and front row tickets!"

"Oh sweet!" Dave picked up one of the tickets. "I fucking love mystery man!"

"Mystery man?" I tilted my head. "Is that what people call him?"

"Sort Of." Kanaya smiled. "He Is A Mystery.. I Personally Love His Accoustic Cover Of Adele. Such An Amazing Voice He Has."

"Did you know he raps?" Dave grinned. "He doesn't usually release them in his albums, but his rapping is so fucking sick!"

John was unusually quiet. Dave noticed and grabbed his hand, "What's wrong?"

"I can't fucking do this anymore!" John stood up and ran.