19: Music Was The Answer

"Hey, guys, who's that over there?" I squinted to try to get a better look towards the beach where I saw two familiar figures. Dave slowly drove closer to the beach and came to a stop. 

"I think that's Eridan and Feferi. What the hell are they doing out here at the beach? I thought they'd be at Kanaya's." Karkat said. Dave took out his phone and put it to the camera, zooming in on them. 

"Yeah, that's definitely them

"Yeah, that's definitely them. Should we get out and talk to them?" Dave suggested. 

"No," Karkat shook his head, "We should get to Kanaya's. They might be talking about something personal. I don't think we should interrupt them. They'll come, I'm sure." 

Then we drove off to Kanaya's house... 

Eridan's POV: 

"Eridan?" Feferi walked up to me from behind, "Don't you think... This is a bad choice you're making? I mean, everyone will be upset when you tell them." 

"I knoww..." I wiped my tears away, "But I have to. It's the only wway- I mean way... Ugh, stupid fucking stutter..." I mumbled. Feferi sat down next to me, and we stared at the waves. "How'd you find out anyways? Did Kan or Kar tell you?" 

"Kanaya did... She seemed upset so I asked her why then that's when she told me about your plans." Feferi grabbed a small shell and began playing with the dirt, "but does it have to be this way again? You know how everyone was. They were heartbroken. You'll just be hurting everyone again. And what about Sollux? He'll definitely be heartbroken-" 

"You don't think I already knoww that?!" I snapped at her. 

Tears started to fall again, "I'm sorry Fef, I lovve you an' all like wwhen wwe used to be moirails, but I can do wwhatevver I damn wwell please!!! Stop tryin' to talk me out of it!"

"Running away from your problems doesn't solve them!!" She began to cry, "You're doing this over a silly romance story that a 13-year-old human might write on a silly website!! (Lol I'm 16) You can't keep doing this forever! When you're older and when all of your friends are finally gone and it's just me and you left because of our blood, you're going to regret a lot! Me and you will start crying when we go through pictures, and I know for a fact you'll regret the things you did! We all regret things, Eridan!" She stood up, "I get that dealing with Sollux's situation is hard, but everyone goes through things."