9: Without Him

Months have passed now.. And no contact with Eridan has been made..

We were all surprised actually. KK thought that Eridan would at least send emails or call one of us.

But nothing..

Life without him was.. Dull?

Everyone tried carrying on normally, but if was difficult. Someone would accidentally say, 'Oh hey! Someone go get Eridan!' then realize their mistake.

It was really surprising, that I'm the one missing him more than ever..

He was my moirail.. I didn't know what to do without him now.. Almost everyone else has moirails and I wasn't even bothering with finding a kismesis or matesprit. I wanted Eridan. My Eridan.. My moirail.. 

"Sollux.." Karkat said quietly one day, "Are you just going to fucking stay in now and not interact with people? You just sit on your laptop and avoid everyone."

"Ju2t liiviing the liife2tyle that mo2t teenager2 liive.." I mumbled, scrolling through Tumblr. "Liike.. Literally. For fuck2 2ake, KK.. II MADE A GOG DAMN TUMBLR! IIM LO2IING MY2ELF!" I groaned and closer the laptop. "II ju2t-"

"Yeah I know. It's because of Eridan. Fuck, Sollux.. Just let go.. He's gone. It's what he wanted.."

"No.. No iit2 not.. II know hiim.. He'2 hurtiing a2 much a2 we are.."

"We?" Karkat laughed. "No Sollux. Not we... It's you. You want Eridan back the most.."

"He'2 my moiiraiil!" I stood, glaring at him.

"WELL MAYBE HE WOULDN'T OF LEFT IF YOU CAN JUST REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!"

"IIT2 NOT MY FAULT!! II CANT REMEMBER ANYTHIING ABOUT ANY OF YOU GUY2!! IIT2 FUCKIING KIILLIING ME 2O DONT TELL ME 2HIIT LIIKE THAT VANTA2!!"

"OOOOH!" He growled, "LAST NAME WAS USED! SOOOO SCARY- OW!"

I punched him across the face.
"Yeah.. Not a2 2cary a2 my fii2t.."

"YOU LITTLE-" He tackled me to the floor, scratching at me.
I kicked his crotch and pushed him off.

"You don't know what IIm goiing through!"

"YOU'RE JUST BEING A SELFISH BITCH.." He stood. "GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF.."

Since the fight we had, I've just been COMPLETELY avoiding everyone now.
Kanaya came over to do another therapy session, but I snapped at her.

Nepeta tried convincing me to come out of my room with tea.
No.

Gamzee and Tavros tried with Faygo and a new laptop.
No.

Feferi and Aradia tried to just convince me not to stay in.
No.

Terezi forced me to play with her and her scalemates since I wouldn't come out.
That was okay I guess..

Dave and John just.. talked to me.

"Dude.." Dave started, taking off his shades, "It's not fucking healthy for you to stay in, cooped up in your room.. Everyone is missing hanging out with you."

"Yeah!" John continued, "Come on.. We don't want to lose another friend.. And besides.. Eridan wouldn't want you doing this to yourself.."

They convinced me to come back out after three months.

"L00k wh0 came back fr0m the dead!" Aradia giggled when she saw me come out. I rolled my eyes.

Everyone have sighs of relief.
I hate being out here..
I hate this..
I hate it..
Nothing can make me happier than seeing Eridan again..
This isn't fair!

Karkat came up to me, holding Nepeta's hand. "Sollux.. Are you still a drama queen or no?"

I sighed, "No.. IIm Fiine now II gue22..." I shrugged. "Really 2tarviing though.. IIve been liiviing off hot pocket2 and cup of noodle2 for the la2t three month2."

"Are you serious?!" Nepeta jumped onto me. "We're taking you out! Efurryone! We're going out to eat right now!! Let's go! I'll pay!!"

"And by you paying, you mean me, don't you?" Equius sighed.

Nepeta nodded and pulled me towards the door as Equius looked through his small horse patterned purse.
"Please don't choose anywhere
e%pensive.."

We all went to Olive Garden. Equius groaned, but became happy when Feferi and Aradia said they'll chip in a bit. Mostly because they had to. They had pressured everyone into getting super expensive meals and desserts.

It was a good night I guess..
Everyone laughed and bonded. I was smiling actually, forgetting all of my problems for one night in a long while.
It was actually fun!

Instead of all of us going home, we hung out at Gamzee's house this time. Although, Kanaya went home right away to care for Rose.

We played Twister, which caused awkward sexual positions..
We took shots.. Leading to.. Well.. Drunk people..
Then we all just sat down and watched movies together.

John insisted on anything with Nicolas Cage.
Karkat wanted to watch romantic comedies.
Dave wanted to watch action movies.
Tavros wanted to watch a PG movie, and got a smack to the back of the head by Vriska.
Then Gamzee kicked her out.

Eventful night..

Nepeta came up to me later. "Pawllux? How're you doing?" She sat down beside me.

"Pretty okay II gue22.." I shrugged, "II had fun toniight though.." I smiled.

She nodded, "And how're you feeling about... Him?"

I looked away for a moment, remembering Eridan's smile and such. Hugging him mostly..
"Well... He left becau2e he wanted to.. IIf he'2 happy wherever he ii2.. Then.. IIm happy too.."

She smiled, "That's good.." She smiled. "Well.. I hope he comes back.. You and him are purrfect for eachother in all quadrants honestly.." She gets a little closer and whispers, "I'm not suppose to tell you anything about the past, Kanaya's orders, but in the 'game' that Efurryone talks about, you and him were kismesis. I met up with other timeline versions of you and him together. You two for purrfectly in all quadrants!"

"Really? But.. II don't see hiim a2 anythiing more than a moiiraiil.."

"Well.. You just need to remember soon so you'll know exactly what I mean by EVERY quadrant.." She smiled and paps my cheek before leaving with Karkat.

I just want him back..