17: Confrontation

Eridan's POV:

"W-What do I do?! Help me out here!" I paced back and forth in the living room. Kanaya and Karkat were sitting on the couch. I told them what happened last night and How I freaked ou in the morning on Sollux. God, I'm such an idiot, what was I even thinking?

"I really do not see what the problem is, Eridan." Kanaya sipped on her tea, "From what you said, it sounds like he actually wanted to spend more time with you if he tried to stop you from leaving."

"Who knows, maybe he wants to get back together with you." Karkat munched on some cookies.

"We can't get 'back together' if he can't remember we were even together in the first place!"

"Eridan, I think you're being a bit over dramatic." Karkat sighed, "I thought you'd be happy for him to be interested in you."

"This... This isn't what I wanted..." I ran my fingers through my hair, "I-I didn't even want to come back in the first place! I knew this was all a bad idea! I didn't want to feel this way again!"

"Eridan, what are you saying?" Kanaya motioned for me to come to her. I sat down and she wrapped her arms around me, "Do you want to leave again? Do you think that will solve anything? I don't think it will, and I think you know that too." 

"I honestly don't even know anymore. I don't want to talk about this right now, it's just too much." 

"Then what was the fucking point in inviting us over??" Karkat crossed his arms, "Was this just another thing to waste my time? I could have been doing very important things right now, y'know."

"Like what? Makin' out with Dave?" 

His whole face turned red, "N-NO!" 

Kanaya couldn't help but laugh, "Oh sure, Karkat. Because you and Dave totally didn't make out after we did karaoke, right?" 

"HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?" 

"I know everything, Karkat. Also, Jade and I might have been peeking to see exactly where you two had gone. You just said you were going to the car to get a jacket. I guess Dave can keep you even warmer than a jacket, huh?" 

"SHUT UP! I'M NOT LISTENING!" Karkat covered his ears. 

"Holy shit, they actually did???"  I laughed, "Wow. I didn't think ya' had the guts, Kar." 

"I'M NOT LISTENING!!!!" He stood up, still covering his ears, and went to the kitchen. 

I smiled and looked to Kanaya, "Did he just start actin' like this about his relationships with people, or am I barely noticing?"

"You're barely noticing." Kanaya patted my knee. 

Sollux's POV: 

"Damn, dude. I have no clue what to tell you. What even made you start liking him?" Dave cracked open a can of soda and sat on the couch. I was pacing back and forth in the living room.

"I-I don't know! Everything just kinda happened all at once that night, and everything just... I don't know how to explain it. It just sorta naturally fell together? When I woke up, I felt completely different about him. It could've just been my raging hormones talking after seeing him naked, but... Gah! It's too much to think about! I don't know if I really like him or not! It's still too early to tell!" 

Dave took a drink and sighed, "Okay. Question time. One: Did you wanna kiss him?  Two: Do you care about him? Three: Do you wanna fuck him? Four: Do you feel butterflies in your stomach around him? And finally, do you see yourself with him?" 

"Uhhhhh, I've thought about kissing him. I've thought about fucking, but I now that I'm sober, I feel like I should wait. I... When I woke up, I felt all blushy and weird when I saw him, like I was gonna explode or something. I honestly don't know if I can see myself with him. I mean, he's great and all, but he did push me away. Plus, all of that stuff everyone says about me and him being together before, just confuses the hell out of me. Like, what even happened? Did we break up???" 

"Dude, we told you a million times that you and him had a weird, quick relationship. I know you don't believe me when I say you were a ghost and shit, but you really were. When you were, you fucking loved him. And Eridan was heartbroken about you being in the hospital and not waking up."

"I thought he was in the hospital too."
"He was, but he recovered faster than you did. He just had a few broken bones, I think. you took most of the damage. When you two were found, he was on top of you. You broke his fall." 

How can I believe it?? It's too bizarre to be true. Seriously? I was a ghost?? Why would anyone believe something as ridiculous as that? Unless... Could it be true? God, I really wish I could remember all the shit that happened before I 'lost my memory' like everyone says. 

"Helloooo? Earth to Sollux?" Dave was waving his hand in front of my face, "You there, dude?" 

"What? Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about what you said. It's so weird to think I was a ghost just watching all of you. It sucks that I can't remember shit." 

"Yeah, speaking of which, how's the memory therapy going with Kanaya?" 

"Ph, we haven't been doing it lately. She says it might be impossible for me to remember."

"Well damn." Dave drank his soda again, "Well, if you ever do, just give me a big thumbs up when you do. That'll be our bro code." Dave gave me a thumbs up. 

I smiled, "Sure Dave. I'll remember that for sure. But onto another topic, I heard that you and KK began to make out after ED and I left the karaoke bar~" I nudged him, winking. 

His face turned red, "Oh, uh... Well shit..."