14: Mending Bonds

Eridan's POV:

"I'm sorry to hear that, Kar.." I hugged him and patted his back.

He sniffled and wiped his tears away with the sleeve of his shirt.
"It's fine.." He mumbled, "I just.. Wasn't really expecting her to do that, y'know?"

I nodded and just hugged him. "If you ever need anything else, just tell me, okay? Id be happy to help."

"Thanks.." Karkat smiled, "So uh.. Where's bee boy at?"

"Up in his room." I sighed, "He hasn't come down since last night.. I just think he needs time to calm down now.. Everything seems to be happening so fast now that I'm back.."

"Yeah, it does-"

We heard a door.

Footsteps became louder and we saw Sollux walking down the stairs. He looked at us. "KK? What are you doing here?"

"Watching romcoms with Eridan.."'

"Does that mean Nepeta's here too?"

"....." Karkat buried his face in my chest.

I sighed and spoke for him. "Nep broke u with him last night.. It's been pretty rough.. He came here at like four in the mornin'.."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" Sollux rushed over, sitting on the opposite end of me.
Karkat moved away from me and latched himself onto Sollux, crying his head off.
Sollux looked at me with sad eyes, patting Karkats head. "Shoooosh.. It'll be okay.. I promise.. You're going to be fine.."

We all sat there, comforting Karkat until he fell asleep during 13 Going On 30. We laid him down on the couch and moved to the kitchen.

"So what exactly happened?" Sollux whispered.

"Apparently they were talking about the recent relationships between every one and how they're going to shit like with John and Dave, or how me and- Point is, Nep was convinced that Kar liked Dave.. She said that they weren't working out, then she crossed their pairing out on their shipping wall.."

Sollux gasped, "Not the shipping wall.."

I nodded, "After, Kar said he just sat alone for a while, and he came rushing over here in tears at the sudden realization that their relationship was over. "

"Poor KK.." Sollux looked over at the sleeping troll on the couch. "He's going to be staying here a while, isn't he?"

I nodded again. "Be prepared for nonstop romcoms, popcorn being thrown at the television, and tears. Lots and lots of them.."

There was a knock on the door.
Sollux went to answer it. Dave strolled right in, tears stained on his face.
Karkat had woken up from him slamming the door. "Huh?"

"Dave? What's wrong? Have you been crying???" Sollux put his hand on his shoulder, but Dave pushed it away.

"What's goin' on?" I walked over and looked at Dave, "Tell us, what happened?"

"I.." He took off his sunglasses, wiping his eyes. "I-I was just trying to talk to John.. Yknow, so we could be friends again and forget all this shit even happened, but he just won't let go of everything! He's being so difficult! I just want my best bro back god damn it! Do know what he did?! He threw stuff at me when he told me to leave him alone! He said we could never be friends again!"