❷❼

"Every girl that I get with, is either crazy or not crazy enough

"Every girl that I get with, is either crazy or not crazy enough."
- Nicolai

It's been roughly a month since my run in with Arson, and I've got to say, the man knows how to leave a girl guessing. He said something about him being there for me when the time comes. I kept asking what he meant by it, but he wouldn't reveal anymore details. I did everything in my power to not text him and inquire again.

"What if sometime in the future you're climbing up a ladder in your backyard, it falls, and he shows up out of nowhere and catches you." Eli theorized, causing me to chuckle lightly. "That's probably what he meant, he'll be Superman when the time comes."

Much to Roman's dismay, I've been hanging out with Eli more often. I still can't see Ro by myself, and I know that it's frustrating him in multiple ways. I was getting tired of sitting around with Nathan all day, and my other friends are usually busy with school or work. Eli lost his job, so he's basically free all of the time.

I told my parents that the two of us split because we decided we'd be better off as friends. With that being said, he's still allowed around us, strictly downstairs, though. The only boy that's granted access to my room is Asher, who by the way, has been awfully distant.

"I'm about to call someone real quick." I announce, before grabbing my phone and exiting the kitchen. The living room seemed private enough, so I walked into there to place my call. It rang for a bit, but he picked up almost instantly. "Asher?"

There was a brief pause before the blonde said anything. "P-Peri, long time no talk." He awkwardly spoke, arising suspicion like he always does. He's never really good at keeping secrets.

"Dude ... what's with the tone, what's going on?" I ask, pacing around the room slowly.

"Oh, nothing, I've been meaning to call you but–"

"Ash, don't lie to me, not to me, out of all people."

I could hear him breathing on the other line, I guess he was thinking about what to say. That made me realize that whatever it was, was something he was ashamed of. "Fine," He started, "I'm not a virgin anymore, okay?"

A smile spread across my face, and I knew that if he could see it, he'd be beet red. "WHO WAS IT?!" I excitedly yell, because his virginity was something he holds dear to him. He wasn't necessarily saving it for marriage, he just didn't want to give it to someone who he doesn't have a connection with.

The only girl he told me he has a connection with is me, so this was interesting news.

"You know, it's not important, it was just a one time thing." Asher tried to cover up the importance, but he wasn't getting off that easily.