❶❸

"Are you sure you aren't just jealous of the fact that Roman isn't looking at you like that?"- Nathan

- Nathan

Our first day in the Hamptons consisted of nothing but relaxing. When I say relaxing, I don't mean sleeping, I mean sitting on the balcony, and soaking in the different view. Well, at least no sleeping on my end, my parents on the other hand, they go on vacation specifically to sleep. I both understand and I don't, because on one hand, they work so hard and deserve a break. But on the other, they can do sleeping at home, you don't have to pay tens of dollars to do so.

That day in particular, I took some time to myself to think about Eli, and how different the two of us really were. How untrustworthy he was of me, and how it only seemed like he wanted one thing: sex. Don't get me wrong, he's a very nice guy, but there's no substance to our relationship. Every time that we've hung out since our first lunch together, we've engaged in some form of sexual activity.

Which isn't entirely his fault, because my raging hormones were also half to blame. Instead of letting it happen, I should just say no, and not care about if I make him unhappy. It's my body, and it's my choice. These thoughts lead up to today, the third day of our trip. We all decided to have a beach day, so here we were, laying on our blankets in the middle of the sand.

Roman and I decided to place our blankets a little ways from the other group, just as Nathan and Penelope did. There wasn't a reason for it in particular, it just kind of happened. To my left, he laid on his back, eyes closed, trying his best to take a nap. I laid on my stomach, staring at him, trying to decipher if it was a good idea to talk this through with him.

Even though he is the cause of some of my problems, he's also my best male friend.

"Roman?" I called, waiting for his eyes to spring open. But they didn't, instead, he hummed in response. "Can I talk to you about something?" I knew that I should've just asked him, instead of beating around the bush. My only concern is that his response may be a bit biased, since him and Eli don't really get along that well. If, at all.

"Of course." He assured.

"Do you think that I should break up with Eli?" The question came out a bit more hesitant than what I had practiced in my head. It caused him to open his eyes, and sit up to view me. Almost as if he wasn't expecting me to one, concoct this question, and two, for me to even ask him it.

"Why ... why would you even break up with him?" Ro inquired, propping his body up on his elbow. "I thought you two were doing good?"

"It's just, I feel like he's only in this relationship with me for one thing. At this point in my life, I don't want to have my time wasted anymore, because next year, I'll be in college. It wouldn't make sense to fret over a relationship that wasn't even that serious." I rant.

Roman took a few seconds to digest what I just told him. So far, I don't regret confiding in him with this. "Well, it's too early to make a judgement on that. I mean, you're not even sure if those are actually his intentions or not. So my advice to you is to figure out if it is."