❷❽

Just a quick note, I've decided that instead of updating once a week on any given day, I'll update every Saturday!

"He actually knows how to hold a conversation, unlike you."
- Peri

At dinner that day, the atmosphere was incredibly awkward. Nathan and I knew why, but the other two didn't, which made it even more off putting. I pushed around my string beans, them reminding me of my first date with Eli. I moved that thought to the back of my mind because I received a text.

Arson : Hey, what are you doing?

This was the first time he ever texted me, so I was intrigued to say the least.

Me : trying to get through dinner, how about you?

Arson : Lol, is your mom's food that bad?
Arson : And I'm doing nothing, I was just thinking about you ...

His first text made me chuckle lightly, which made Nathan look over at me with a raised eyebrow. I ignored it though, because I didn't feel like telling him who I was texting.

Me : stop making me laugh or else my brother's gonna take my phone.
Me : wym you were thinking of me?

Arson : Middle school I mean, you were adorable lol

Me : hello, still am, but you were obsessed with me.

Arson : Actually, I was only trying to be your friend bc of Janiyah, she was the easiest 14 year old ever. She wouldn't give me the time of day for some reason ...

Me : didn't you guys date for like three years after?

Arson : Yeah we broke up last year because she was a nasty little girl.

Me : wym

Arson : Like she was disgusting nasty, not freaky nasty.

Me : oh

Just then, Nathan's phone started to ring, and when he looked at the caller ID, his eyes got wide. He showed it to me, and by the looks of it, it was the doctor's office he visited a month ago. I almost forgot about this whole Mononucleosis scandal, but good thing I didn't.

"Uh, guys, I gotta take this." Nate told, getting up and pushing in his chair. I looked at him as he walked out of the dining room and onto the front porch.

"I have to ... water the flowers." I quickly tell, before following him hastily. When I was outside, I closed the door, and looked through the window to make sure that our parents weren't following us.