Epilogue

"More like aggression and affliction

"More like aggression and affliction ..."
- Roman

7 Months Later, New Years Eve

"Blondie?" Arson asked, and I heard a few light taps on the door from the outside. Currently, I was in the bathroom, trying to gain the composure that I secretly needed. Letting him see me this torn up would naturally elicit questions, ones that I didn't want to answer.

"Yeah?" I respond, leaning up against the sink. It was stable enough to support me for however long it took me to take as many deep breaths as I could.

"I came by to check on you. I was going to ask if it was number one or number two, but judging by how long you've been in here I'm guessing it's the latter." The brunette joked, and I chuckled to myself, because of how he always found a way to put a smile on my face. That thought alone was enough to get me out of the restroom.

When I opened the door, he stepped back to make room for me. "It was neither, I just ... it was all getting to be a bit much." I honestly tell, and he knew exactly what it was.

"I had a feeling that those two were why you ran off. I'm in no place to give advice, but, at least try to talk to him." A.R instructed, and leaned against the doorframe. I stared into his eyes in thought, wondering if talking to the boy was the best choice. He had walked into the party with a girl on his arm, and she no doubt complicated things further.

I took a deep breath before walking with him back to the party room. There, tens of people conversed and danced lightly to the pop music. This was a semi-formal gathering, so majority of partygoers had on dresses and dress shirts. I myself wore a form fitting dress, it being a shade of pink that was the only variation I could tolerate.

My eyes raked the crowd for the couple, and when I saw them, I was reminded instantly of why I sought cover in the bathroom in the first place. He had his arm wrapped around her waist, and he used their physical contact to pull her in closer. She was whispering something in his ear, and a part of me wished she was just telling him to fuck off.

But it was just that, a wish, because there wasn't a single doubt in my mind that she was cooing to him. Despite these thoughts, I continued to pushed my way through the crowd with Arson, and we finally made it before the two.

"Roman!" Arson greeted, and went in for a hug, but Ro promptly held out his hand instead for a shake. I didn't think that things could get anymore awkward, but him turning to me proved me wrong.

"It's so good to see you guys, after, what, how long has it been?" Roman questioned.

"7 Months..." I trail, because I knew that he was already aware of how long it's been since our last face to face. It wasn't the last time we've talked, though, he calls me probably once a month randomly. The call isn't of any importance, it's just him trying to see if he still stands a chance. It bugs Arson a lot, I know, because it isn't exactly the easiest occurrence to stomach; I would be nerved if his ex girlfriend/ex best friend kept calling to get back together too.