❶❻

"All I need to know is if you feel the same way

"All I need to know is if you feel the same way. If you do, then there's nothing stoping us, right?"
- Roman

A few hours later, it was time for us to pack up all of our things. My time with Roman was exactly how he had been imagining it, or so he told me. We made out for a good fifteen minutes, before joining back in on the party. There, our sweaty bodies danced the night away until it was time to go. Neither of us had any complaints, and everything was consensual, and nights like those are always the best.

Right now, Nathan and I were standing in the breakfast area of the hotel. It was around 1 in the morning, and the both of us were making coffee for everyone, while they loaded the car. It felt like there was this unspoken topic between us, but I just couldn't pin my finger on it. I mean, we were made up, and he knew about my attraction towards him, so what else was there?

"Can you pass me two sugar packets?" I asked, watching as he abandoned his cup, in order to fulfill my request. He was a bit hesitant when handing them over, so I shot him a look.

"I saw how you and Roman were dancing earlier, and it's been bothering me all morning." He told, I knew that it wasn't for the reason that I had first thought, or hoped. "Are you guys actually talking, or is he just a rebound?" I was kind of confused on where this question was coming from, because a few days ago, he told me about how he didn't like Roman.

But now, all of a sudden, he's concerned for him?

"We haven't established the relationship yet, but why do you ask, didn't you say that you didn't like him?" I remind, while stirring the cup of coffee.

"Yeah but ... never mind." The boy went to walk away, but I grabbed onto his arm, pulling him back over to me. I told him to wait, and to inform me on what he actually wanted to say. "I care too much for you, okay?"

Um, didn't we literally have this conversation after dinner? You know, him being possessive and shit, so why was he bringing this back up yet again? "You're beating a dead horse."

"Siblings get jealous."

"Actually, they don't, they get resentful and protective." I correct, and a thought that I've been pushing off for the longest finally sprung into my brain. "The only time that I was jealous of you was when you and Penelope got together, and that was for a reason that wasn't so sisterly."

I didn't want to openly assume this, because then, I would be bringing us all the way back to square one. Is it possible that Nathan may be jealous of Roman and I, simply because he wishes it was him? I know, I know, he told me his position on our relationship, and I keep clinging onto hope. But no matter how hard I try, something always happens that makes me look at holding onto that worthwhile.

"I don't like you, Peri, if that's what you're getting at." All of a sudden, Nathan started to get defensive. "I just don't like seeing you with Roman, so could you like ... keep the PDA to a minimum?"