❶❼

"They were brought together by similar social statuses and looks, it's a relationship based off of nothing that truly matters

"They were brought together by similar social statuses and looks, it's a relationship based off of nothing that truly matters."
- Peri

All throughout the day, I had random people coming up to me and asking me about the fight. I guess since I had experienced it first hand, everyone felt like I was a good source. Despite me knowing everything, I told them only what bystanders could see. That Nathan punched Eli, and Roman jumped on to finish him off. Only because it wasn't any of their business, and I didn't want them in mine.

When I got home, I was surprised to see Ro sitting on my couch. At the sound of the door opening he turned to me, showing the bag of frozen string beans that he held against his cheekbone. "Oh ... my gosh." I chuckled, because Nathan sat there too, only he held a bag of spinach. The boys looked idiotic, and it was a sight that I'm glad I could see.

"No laughing, this is your fault." Roman smiled, while squeezing the contents of the bag.

"How? You're acting like I held a gun to your head and told you to beat him up." I shrug, and sat down on the sofa, in between them both. I'm surprised that my best friend instincts didn't kick in, you know, the ones that force me to become nurturing and caring? Probably because they were all jumbled and confused.

"You might as well have," Nathan started, while staring down at the floor. "I mean, for him at least, I defended you because you're my sister, I gotta do that. But what's your excuse, dude?"

"She's my girlfriend." Roman told with a furrowed eyebrow. I was then reminded of how I had previously told Nathan that him and I haven't labeled our relationship. Now it sounds like I was lying to him.

"Oh?" He asked, with a tone laced in sarcasm, only because he turned his head to look at me. "Is she, now?"

"Well, I haven't exactly asked her, but we've talked over the idea, yeah."

I didn't back him up, I wanted to hear Nathan's reaction first. The boy told me that he didn't like me, but then turned around and said that he was jealous. So I don't know what's going through his mind exactly.

"Peri doesn't look so sure about that." Nate stupidly pointed out.

"No, we have, but Eli kind of got in our face while we were in the middle of confirming it." I finally say, hoping to alleviate the mood of this conversation.

My brother nodded his head, before standing up and walking towards the stairs. "I completely forgot that I'm supposed to call Penelope, about ... something." He informed, before walking up the steps. I feel like I sort of pissed on Nathan's hopes, as a brother, I'm sure he'd want me to remain single my entire life.

So I turned to Roman with a winced expression, since this three way conversation didn't go as planned. "Hmm?" The brunette questioned, being completely unaware of what thoughts were racing through my mind. I didn't say anything, instead I just sat there as he leaned his face closer to mine. Ro removed the frozen vegetable from his face to place an assuring kiss on my lips. It only lasted for a second, and he moved away to ice his bruise once again.