❷❾

"It's not that serious, it's just a small thing

"It's not that serious, it's just a small thing."
- Roman

I remembered that Roman told me to meet him in the senior lounge, so I didn't continue into the cafeteria. I had to turn around completely and go the opposite way because I thought of that at the last minute. He's lucky I love him, because I'm missing out on valuable food-eating time. The lounge wasn't too far away, so I had arrived within less than a minute.

When I opened the door, I had looked around the yard, but I didn't see Roman anywhere. I was confused because he told me to meet him at this time, so where the hell was he? Shaking my head I walked over to an empty table that sat kind of on the outskirts of the area. I was tempted to pull out my phone, but then I realized his phone doesn't work.

I saw Jasmine, Xavier's girlfriend, walking in between the tables. She looked like she didn't know where to sit so I called her over. "Jas!" I yelled, and flagged her down. The girl brought over her lunch tray, and when she joined me, I immediately started talking. "Girl, look at your skin, the sun is making you glow, Jasmine." I smile.

Her smooth, brown skin was always something I admired about her. "I'm telling you, P, that's from eating healthy." I rolled my eyes because I knew that she was taking a jab at my bad eating habits. I couldn't help it, I eat whatever looks good, and it's usually anything that I can deep fry.

Before she could say anything else, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw Roman, who looked honestly hideous. His shirt was ripped and dirty, and he had what appeared to be blood dripping down the side of his face. It looked as if he got into a fight with the street and the street won.

"Roman, you look like a damn train wreck ..." I heard Jasmine say, but I was too busy giving him a sorrowful look to even agree.

"Babe, you gotta help me!" He yelled, drawing attention to us, that's if people weren't already looking when he entered.

"Ro, what the hell happened!?" I questioned, and he took my hands in his before speaking.

"There were these guys, like ... five of them. They beat me up and put me in the back of their van." His story caused me to stand up, speechless, because I didn't know if this was true or not. I mean obviously, he got into some sort of fight, but what would anybody even want with Roman?

"That's terrible, did they tell you why?"

"No, all they told me was that I had to do this one thing and I'll be safe." He informed, and I sort of let out a breath because obviously I'm worried.

"Or ... how about we find whoever did it, and call the police? Whatever it is that they told you to do can't be worth putting your own safety at risk." Was this boy actually considering listening to whoever the fuck?